Thread: The Good The Sad And The Nasty!!

The Good The Sad And The Nasty!!

Hi guys,well Nic i have done it..i drove to the asda with my Daughter and my other half He simply said ,you drive..so i did!!My heart was going like the clappers but i felt so pleased with myself,i kept going,even had to make a diversion and go thru lights..ON A HILL!!! Then on friday..wait for it...I DROVE TO MY MOMS 18 months after passing my test i finally broke the fear cycle and jfdi .I was watching myself ,it was wierd saying ,what are you doing..going to mom's i replied to myself again my heart was in my mouth but i was so chuffed.then when i went to drive home[oh how blase does that sound;i love it!! ]i saw i had a flat tyre..oh great i thought is that my reward??But my brother came up the stairs and was so shocked and pleasd i had made the journey,he sorteed my tyre out and off i went home!!So all of you who think 'i will never do it'..oh but you will! I joined a year ago and this site has given me a life,Nic'sdriving journal..gave me hope that one day i too would find my courage and drive my car,,thank you Nicola ,you are an inspitation!As for the sad bit,well my Daughter moved home on thursday,and i miss her dreadfully,i have an empty nest now but i knew that i could either curl up and give in to my depression again ,or get off my sorrry ass and do somthing,hence the drive to mom's!As for the nasty well,sadley due to her alcohol dependency,mom caused a family row,which kinda tainted my success,,but it also prove,we have to live our lives for us ,as we cant make others change,i love my mom with all my heart in spite of her behavior at times,she is a wonderful woman who battles her own demons daily..so not nasty at all really.Soz this is so long..just wanted to pass on the old favourite saying....IF I CAN DO IT ..ANY ONE CAN!! Love maryRose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by Paddington; 05-03-07 at 13:27. Reason: spelling!

Re: The Good The Sad And The Nasty!!

oh thanks for that.. my boyfriend put me on his car insurance last november cos i was too scared to have real lessons.. ive driven twice but not for couple of months because.. well i dont really know why, because im scared i guess.. he keeps nagging me to and i keep avoiding it.. after reading that post im going to drive too... wish me luck.. thanks again for the post

Oh that is fab honeybee i am so glad it has inspired you,Remember,it is the THOUGHT of doing somthing that is so much worse than the actual DOING of it..i promise keep me posted.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mary Rose good on ya petal that must have felt brill

Love Piglet

M.R.

Wow get you

A HUGE well done mate I am so chuffed for you

You had that blip not along ago and we knew that you would soon get back on top of it and you have big time.

I am so proud of you for doing all that and coping so well

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Mary Rose,

Great job and what a great daughter for not judging your mother. I look forward to further postings on your future success.

Hugs,

Laura

MR that is absolutely fantastic you're such a star and an inspiration!

Well done hon

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?
    Good and bad things WILL happen!

MR - What a star!!

I had a huge beam on my face reading that. Well done you. You are such an inspiration.

It is sad but true that it is not possible to change other people. Your mum needs to want to change for herself. Of course you love her in spite of the problems - she's your mum.

Karen xx

Thanks guys for your replies It is a huge breakthru,and despite being unwell at the moment,and my mom still not speaking to me!!I keep grinning at the vision of me driving along the road Nic,i knew you would be chuffed ,i could not have done it without you.So thanks again,everybody.Love Mary Rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thread Information