Thread: Separation anxiety help

Separation anxiety help

Hi everyone, im new to the forum and don't really know what I'm doing so I'm sorry if I get anything wrong.

So I've joined this forum for a little bit of help if I can...on the 29th of December 2014 my mom was ill so I took her to the doctors I already had a sence of dread of what would come, anyway the doctor requested an xray so I took her to our local hospital less than 24 hours later they called to say somethings picked up on her lungs and they need a ct scan, on the 31st of December (my birthday) I booked back in with her doctor and asked what it was they found and she told us it was likely lung cancer.. although my mom was so strong inside I was a wreck she needed more tests to confirm it and to see what type it was so I cared for her moved her in with me and my husband and 3 kids, in January she had a brain scan the next day she was admitted into hospital to start steroids to reduce the swelling on the brain as she had white spots all over it...on the 10th Feb 2015 she was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer stage 4 with brain mets, on the 9th March I lost her...my life has not been the same since, I feel like I'm just coming to terms with my mom's passing but and this is the part that's playing the biggest issue at the minute, since losing her I think I've got separation anxiety with my husband, I really feel like I'm losing the plot, im an insecure person anyway no confidence or self aesteem but just lately I'm really panicking when I'm not with him I'm scared he's going to leave me or run of with someone I thought I'd lost my trust in him for some unknown reason until I came across a post about anxiety that sort of described how I've been feeling, I've gone from having the most perfect relationship to accusing and arguing over most things...I've been to the doctors there useless..They just want me to take meds and grief councilling but the meds would be a last resort for me and honestly I don't think I need grief councilling I see how it stems from losing my mom she was the only constant person in my life we was really close and now my husband is that person now she's gone and I'm so scared of losing him.....can anyone give me any advice? Is this separation anxiety or something else? Tia xx

Re: Separation anxiety help

Hi Shorty - so sorry for your loss This must have been a very hard time for you. I think it's probably very normal that you are grieving and need some reassurance from your partner however the fact that its causing problem sounds like you may need a little help.
    I personally wouldn't turn down the grief counselling. Its not about telling you where it stems from its about giving you tools to deal with the way it makes you feel. So you don't worry about your husband and they may even address your self esteem issues. It helps you stop negative thought patterns and teaches you ways to cope....Honestly, give it a try - you have nothing to lose and a lot to gain

Re: Separation anxiety help

Hi extrastrongbint...Thank you for your reply, the thing in confused about is I do feel like I'm coping a lot better with the greif of my mom but this anxiety from my husband is driving me crazy to the point I hate him even being at work I'm constantly listening incase he slips up and lies about something...He thinks I've lost trust in him for no reason he doesn't understand that it's the fear he might leave or get took away from me that makes me such a mess with him, x

Thread Information