Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why did i google

why did i google

Yes after saying i would never google again I have done
    am now worried sick I have had hemeroids external for a few years I also suffer IBS.
    this past week I have had a strange feeling in my bottom as if i had not finished going to the loo when i had and felt like a bearing down pain.
    so I looked it up in google and it says possible cancer
    so now i am panacking like mad and am so scared darnt go to doctors incase this is what is wrong
    any one else had this
    please

Re: why did i google

Oh no Google is on here

I did reply to your other post about piles etc and to be honest I don't think you will rest easy until you do see the doctor.

Look at this way - -wouldn't you rather know one way or the other.

I can almost guarantee it will be a bout of constipation and possibly piles from having this. An over-the-counter cream will sort them out but please get it checked by the doctor. It is a quick examination and really doesn't hurt or in any way intrusive. I am glad I did as I now know what it is when I get it again.

We can offer reassurance and give our experiences but as I always say - you must get it checked out by the GP for peace of mind and also for the sake of your health.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Sylvia,

Please try not to worry. What Nicola says is right. I have had a lot of rectal pain with my IBS. I remember having a few days when I felt like I had a red hot poker up there. It was so painful. It wasn't continual, it came and went, but it was the bearing down pain you describe. I think this is possibly muscle spasm from the things I have read, but this is just my thoughts, not medical advice!

Since then, I've had other kinds of rectal pains, and I think these are mostly caused either by irritation of diahorrea, or by constipation, or by passing very small stools which I think maybe get stuck as they aren't bulky enough for the bowel to push out.

I still worry that mine is more serious than IBS. I've been to the docs a few times now with it. As Nicola says, a rectal examination is quick and painless, and hopefully they will be able to confirm that you're fine.

But please don't sit worrying about it as you will make yourself very ill. Please feel free to PM me if you want to chat about it.

Caroline
    xx

well phoned doctors today got a appointment for monday morning
    I am getting so uptight with worry over this incase it is cancer or something serious
    dont know how i will hold out till monday morning without having panic attacts

Oh Syl hun I know it's easy for me to say don't worry but please try and occupy your mind over the weekend until your appointment on Monday hun. You have been very good to me in the past and just wish I could do more to help you. Never ever google as no matter what symptoms you type in google theres always some cancer to suit those symptoms I know because I've tormented myself enough over the years hun. I'm here if you want to chat anytime

Mandy xx

"DILLIGAF"

Hi there,

you don't get that pain just at certain times of the month do you? I know the pain you are talking about and i get it usually then

anx x

Hi manmoor
    thanks for your message i really have got myself worked up in a frenzy over this
    feeling really scared about monday but know if i dont go i will be the same not knowing
    i seem to have had one thing after another this year and it is only march god help me when it gets to august i will be a nervous wreck

Hi All

well went to doctors today was terriefied had to wait foer 20 minutes as they were running late in that time i scratch my arm to bits with fear
    Got in told doctor what was wrong and she said ok lets examine you fear then got worse.
    she was really nice about it all and she said yes it is internal hemroids and external as well i felt like crying .
    only thing is as i was going home i thought oh she might just have told me that because she knew i was scared and maybe she didnt want to tell me the truth here i go again not believing anyone
    so spent a very stressfull day but keep telling myself the doctor wouldnt have said one thing if it was another because i could sue her

well thanks all for your messages and manmoor thanks you for always being there

Syl

Great news that it is what we thought it would be. Did you get some cream for it atall or any advice on what to do?

The doctor would have no reason whatsoever to lie about something like that so you have to trust her and we all said the same too didn't we?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Oh Syl hun I'm so pleased you've got sorted love You have no need to thank me as you have been there for me so many times hun. I'm always here for you.

Mandy xx

"DILLIGAF"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information