First reply to sookt/T,

Wow, your business sounds impressive, but stressful. Having to interact and speak in court is real hard if you're not feeling well.

I am so sorry you are obviously feeling so down. I can empathise with all that you say: the loneliness, coupled with the lack of anything to do all day long, really get through to you. I too have always suffered from depression, I don't know which of that & the anxiety cause the other. I know the scared feeling, and then the dark thoughts that come.

Do you no have any good days? Do you have any friends you can see? Do you live in a city, where maybe there are some activities you could attend? Do you want to share what meds you are on?

I managed to go into work today. I just bury my head about the business's future and do some work. I feel much better than sitting at home.

Your comment about us retiring at 55 in the UK made me smile It's 67 now, and probably 70 by the time I get there, so no! Besides, probably like you, it's not just the money, it's having something to do all week that I need.

I can only hope your mood picks up. Remember, it's not just the circumstances, it's how you react to them that's the issue for mental health.

Wishing you the very best,
Jon

---------- Post added at 21:06 ---------- Previous post was at 20:59 ----------

Second reply to Idontwannago,

I too have a cat, she's adorable. Though at the end of the day she only really cares that she gets fed! People have suggested a dog, because it makes you have go for a walk etc., but I really don't like pooches.

What in the world is "candy crush"? (Yes, I could look it up, but that's not the point.)

I'll check out Pinterest sometime. Most of my interests are intellectual/games rather than crafts or similar.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Jon