Thread: OK, now there could be a problem!

OK, now there could be a problem!

Hi all, me again. Feeling really low at the moment, and i thought i was doing really well. Went to see the neurologist yesterday and told him all of my symptoms. He did his usual tests and showed me my previous neck x-ray. Well, i have honestly never seen a neck like it before. My neck has a little curve at the bottom end and the rest is perfectly straight!! Completely abnormal! Ok, i can live with that but when he was checking all my relexes and things he found a weakness in my right arm and a 'tremor' in my left. He thinks that ive got Chiari. I had never heard of this before and he's sending me for a brain and neck MRI scan but i have to wait 8 - 12 weeks for this. So i left there feeling really good, at last a lovely consultant who has listened to me and believes me about my symptoms. I was feeling that finally i may have a diagnoses and it felt lovely. However, as i say i've never heard of this before and came home to investigate. Oh boy, this is not good at all. I have done all the research on it on the net and asked advice and now i'm feeling really sad. Of course i haven't had a 'proper' diagnosis yet but i have all of the symptoms and these make sense of a lot of things to me when reading about it. It all explains a lot. Instead of me going through all of the explaination with you now, it's complicated, you can check it out at www.conquerchiari.org, this will explain it all. It is a very good site and there is loads of information, great leaflets and even a support group. I feel like i'm in limbo though now as i have to wait so long to find anything out. I have asked how much a private MRI scan would be at the surgery where i work and for two scans, brain and neck, it would be about £770!! There is no way of us affording that so now i just have to wait. I have sought advice from RLR and he says that i will be fine, it's just the waiting that is going to drive me mad i think.

Re: OK, now there could be a problem!

Hi

Waiting and dreaming up multiple problems is really a drag - i'm sorry you have to wait - so huge hugs to try and make you feel a bit better.

I am sorry that there may be a potential problem, and I can see why you are concerned. Sometimes a little knowledge can be both good and bad. please try not to worry too much if you can.

We are all here for you, and hope that the doc will get the scans done quickly. I hope there is something you can find to take your mind off it while you are waiting.

In the meantime more hugs

Freaky chick

Thread Information