Thread: Freaking.

Freaking.

Had bloods done last week and got the results back that my hormones are abnormal and because i have been getting a twinge in my left ovary area he is sending me for an ultrasound. Also part of my Liver function test was high so while they do the ultrasound he is telling them to have a look at my liver too and repeating the blood next week. I am trying to think rationally but i can't help googling and scaring myself that it's OC . Keep having waves of feeling ok and positive and then waves of feeling scared and worried. Thought i had this HA under control the last few years but obviously not when some new issue comes up.

Re: Freaking.

Try not to panic. Hormone imbalance probably means you have a cyst! Also your liver function test could be high for a number of reasons, I doubt it's anything serious or your doc would have sent you straight into hospital! X

First thing.....stop Googling!!

A few years ago I had irregular periods, bleeding between periods and pelvic pain. A scan showed I had a fibroid and a uterine polyp. I was referred to a gynae doctor and was told I would need surgery to remove the fibroid and polyp.

I was freaking out big time, Googled like mad, and all I found was how polyps can be C and not benign. Of course then I convinced myself that I had C.

I didnt.

Google will only ever come up with the worst case scenario for an anxiety sufferer, particularly a HA sufferer. It is almost like we go seeking it. I am not a HA sufferer myself, but I teeter on the edges of it, when it comes to more complex stuff like this.

As I mentioned on your other post, imbalanced hormones can create all kinds of period issues and twinges......try not to jump to the worst possible thing. x

I know but you know what it's like when the thoughts won't go away.

They will be checking you don't have a gallstone stuck with the ultrasound as this can give you iffy liver function tests, your Dr can tell from which part of the test is raised the likely cause. Some people have iffy liver function tests as normal which always triggers an ultrasound as happened to a friend of mine.
    Abnormal hormone results can be anything or nothing depending on your age. I remember in my middle 30's having one that they said showed I was almost post menopausal- complete rubbish as I was actually 51 when I became post meno. I then had another hormone test a few months later that was totally normal which shows the limitations of blood hormone tests as it just shows what was happening on the day of the test - so yours could be like mine was and nothing.
    I totally understand your worries but at least the ultrasound will rule out anything untoward causing these results.

Thread Information