Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Question - Feeling sick, can this be a sign of anxiety?

Question - Feeling sick, Acid Reflux?

Hello all,

The reason I ask, I woke up Tuesday morning (4am) feeling sick, which I still felt sick Wednesday.

Thursday, I felt a lot better, did not feel sick at all but today I have woke up feeling sick again.

I have not been sick at all, just the feeling like i could be sick.

When the sickness feeling comes, a burp will be produced and feeling goes until next bout in say 5 mins.

Obviously, it has started to worry me because at first I thought it could of been a 48 hour bug

Could me focusing on it, make me feel sick?

Red
    Last edited by reddevil; 13-03-07 at 13:14. Reason: Slight Amendment

Re: Question - Feeling sick, can this be a sign of anxiety?

I can only speak for myself but anxiety makes me very nauseous when it's bad. I do tend to focus on it which makes it worse. My GP gave me some anti-sickness tablets which I can take if I need them and this has helped enormously.

can't say i have ever felt sick from anxiety, but sometimes I do feel nauseous for no reason (an acid like feeling in the stomach) kind of gets confused with hunger pain. not sure if that makes any sense!

I often feel sick

Last week i felt sick the whole week, waking up feeling sick and it lasting the whole day.

I just thinks its my anxiety playing up, or the medication im on

mandie x

Hi,

Like Jessica said, it did feel like I was hungary kind of sick, which I need to eat, sounds strange..!!!

But since I'm worrying I do not even feel like food.
    My mind is making me think that something serious is up as the sign of feeling sick for 3 days.

My wife has just told me, she was feeling sick last week, could this be a bug I have caught and how would I know if it's a bug or something serious.

Red
    Last edited by reddevil; 09-03-07 at 13:05.

hi, i always feel sick when my anxiety is bad, but never actually sick. dont worry about it, i think you will find its "just another" one of the symptoms of anxiety.
    take care
    libbie x

for some people it may be a symptom of anxiety but for most I reckon its just a slight tummy upset.. try eating something plain but stodgey like porridge or chips.. i find it can take the sick feeling away for a while. hey maybe your a miracle and are the first man to to be pregnant!

Hi all,

A few more symtoms have started over the last 24 hours.

I'm still have this feeling of being sick but I keep bringing up gases (kind of burping) and I can hear my stomach making funny noises as if I'm hungary.

Red

Hi there

Feeling sick can be a side effect of anxiety, because your body releases adreneline and other stuff, to get you ready to fight or run form the perceived danger. That causes blood to be diverted away from your stomach ( a non essential area) to your heart and muscles etc, which would be needed to deal with the danger. This has the effect of making you feel sick, or nauseus or the butterfly feeling, because there is a reduced ability for your tummy to do the job of digesting food at that moment.

If you are anxious enough, then these symptoms can last a while, if you don't eat because of the sick feeling, then your stomach continues to produce acid to digest food that you haven't eaten and you get gassy tummy from that.

However, if you are getting more symptoms, like a temperature, or are actually physically sick, then you might want to consult your doc, as to whether it is a stomach bug. But if it is anxiety related then trying to regulate your breathing, calm down, and eating something light, and drinking so,ething like water or tea can help.

If the wind is bothering you, you could try antacids or windeze.

Hope this helps
    Freaky chick

I also feel the sick/nauseous feeling with anxiety. Everytime i get anxious, i feel nauseous. I feel like i should eat something, but the mere thought of food or the smell of food makes it worse! I don't actually get sick though, that's how i'm sure its just the anxiety. I have this problem alot in the mornings, so I drink a carnation instant breakfast..as i don't have trouble drinking things, just eating. This helps, b/c then you aren't running on empty. hang in there! we all have to support one another!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information