Thread: pounding heart

Exclamation pounding heart

Just walked 5mins up my sisters. Didn,t walk slow maybe normal when I got there. My heart was pounding still for about 3 minits after. Its gone now but scared

Re: pounding heart

Hi,

This happens to me quite a lot after exercise, walking etc. I get this when I get up in the morning and go up and down the stairs. My heart sort of pounds through my chest and I have to sit down.

I think it is a combination of a few things. Firstly exercise, even a short walk, our anxiety and possibly a bit of hyperventilation going on. Also, we become aware that our heart is racing, then we worry and it makes it worse....nightmare.

Try not to worry. I have this frequently and it always goes off and as yet, I am still here to live the tale, lol. x

I have had this for weeks now. GP said it was anxiety. I had one panic attack going upstairs so now it happens every time I go up the stairs, or walk etc.

I am a bit unfit but not that unfit. I feel my heart rate increase which causes panic, and then I panic more and can't breathe.

I am still alive though! GP wouldn't even check my heart, told me it's all panic. I know he is right though, logically.

BTW my husband doesn't have HA but he has general anxiety and this happens to him often as well.

thanks for replys. sounds like me.

Yep, most likely anxiety related and won't do you any harm. Do your best to ignore it (hard I know) as paying it attention makes it worse. I speak from months of experience and am just getting a handle on it now and managing to exert myself without a huge increase in anxiety.

Thread Information