Thread: Anxiety Related Stuff

Anxiety Related Stuff

Since my hyperventilation started after my cold a lot has made me afraid. Even with d dimer tests, and checks on my blood gases, and my oxygen levels, and other things again, I still worry. They think I'm doing well but the issue is re-learning to breath. However, I've read Doxepin and Lexapro together which I'm on can cause a QT Pro, and I'm also kinda worried if my IVs in the past have caused issues in my blood, or if like, I'll get seratonin syndrome. Some days I am better, other days not, treatment started recently, ativan is a slight bit less effective now, and I'm just so tired of these symptoms, from hyperventilation, to pain, with no clinical reason to check further they all seem to believe it's my Hyperventilation Syndrome, and Panic Disorder. Any thoughts? As always, statement that I'm 24, previous tests done mentioned in other threads. Sometimes the hyperventilation is worse when laying back, other times when standing up!

Re: Anxiety Related Stuff

Anyone?

Sorry to hear what you're going through!

I've experienced a mild form of hyperventilation syndrome on/off all my life.

I'd feel like I've forgotten how to breathe, or like I'm constantly out of breath.

It would come and go and lasts for weeks/months when I'm feeling very anxious, which would further fuel the anxiety.

Do you do any sport?

What helped me understand that it's a product of anxiety, and that I simply have to live with it when it occurs, was taking up sport regularly.

There's something about exercise that just immediately reminds you you're a healthy person. You'll feel aches/pains/hyperventilation that are caused by physical exertion, and you'll notice how different it feels when it isn't anxiety-related.

Not saying that it's a cure-all, everyone is different! But I run three times a week now and it has worked wonders.

I wish you all the best in your recovery from the beast that is anxiety!

Quote Originally Posted by Potatopotato View Post
    Sorry to hear what you're going through!

I've experienced a mild form of hyperventilation syndrome on/off all my life.

I'd feel like I've forgotten how to breathe, or like I'm constantly out of breath.

It would come and go and lasts for weeks/months when I'm feeling very anxious, which would further fuel the anxiety.

Do you do any sport?

What helped me understand that it's a product of anxiety, and that I simply have to live with it when it occurs, was taking up sport regularly.

There's something about exercise that just immediately reminds you you're a healthy person. You'll feel aches/pains/hyperventilation that are caused by physical exertion, and you'll notice how different it feels when it isn't anxiety-related.

Not saying that it's a cure-all, everyone is different! But I run three times a week now and it has worked wonders.

I wish you all the best in your recovery from the beast that is anxiety!
    Thanks. The tests keep coming back clear. Should I really trust that is what this is? It sometimes can take hours to relax from. Maybe the new lexapro and doxepin will help.

Still on-going. 7-8 hours a day. Sometimes positions relieve it, sometimes being in certain places does. Ativan hasn't been useful like it used to be. Psyche said I need to re-train breathing. I'm worried about it being something else, but after x-rays, and d-dimers well below the range needed to test further, they won't test further. Even though I sometimes have a phlegm and cough. On occasion, red face too. Maybe it's allergies to my cat? I don't know, I only had it twice at the ward, but when I was back home it started back after a day or two.

Anyone? Should I trust it's just my anxiety and focusing like my psyche said?

If all your tests are fine you should trust that. I know how hard it can be once you begin to focus on something. Anxiety does alot to us and can affect us all differently. For me, walking around the neighborhood seems to help alot.. I feel my best when moving about.

Quote Originally Posted by netminder1976 View Post
    If all your tests are fine you should trust that. I know how hard it can be once you begin to focus on something. Anxiety does alot to us and can affect us all differently. For me, walking around the neighborhood seems to help alot.. I feel my best when moving about.
    Thanks. I wish it would make the pain fade, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    Thanks. I wish it would make the pain fade, however.
    I also have a headache when burping, and sometimes it's at different areas. Freaks me out.

Thread Information