Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: May time blues

Re: May time blues

Hi , my anxiety is at the worst it's been for years at the moment I've had a lot if problems so that's the main reason but I usually get worse in the warm weather , Saturday it was baking hot in the morning worsened my anxiety and asthma in the afternoon it peed it down and I felt a real boost I think part of it for me is the distraction of the rain , I think it used to be easier when there was no internet first time I went through this was in the 80s no internet to Google things and I was back to normal in about 6 months there wasn't even a name for it back then you had to deal with it on your own , went to sleep last night nervous had a bad night and woke up shaking and feeling sick , it's a wonderful life , take care

I hear you Buster.

Internet in a double edged sword. Any 5 year old I'm sure understands what being "stressed" is, and yet the word didn't exist until early 90s! In my opinion, of course! Worrying for kids, they won't develop resilience like we had to (I'm guessing you were born in 1970? So was I).

As for early sunny weather i did read once that some people are badly affected by this, it's a chemical thing in our brains, which is why I started the thread. I knew it wasn't just me.

Take care. I hope I haven't offended you, and you're actually a lot younger!

Hi , no you're spot on theres a clue in lot of people user names , 70s was great time to grow up a lot less pressure , kids can't imagine not having a mobile phone there are days I want to throw mine away I get bollocked for not answering texts somtimes it's nice to be left alone I have some people I deal with who ring constantly until I pick up even at night , when we were kids if your house phone rang after 9 some one had died , believe it or not my message has just been cut off by the very dickhead I've just mentioned ignored his call so I'll get another in a few mins or a voice mail , sunny out today I was hoping for a bit more rain been driving off and hiding out in my camper it's nice when it rains and you are sheltered , anyway I'll get off before it rings again , hope your day is bearable

Switch the mobile off?

Yes, there was one phone, in the hall! Life much simpler.

I'll try to have a good day, I've certainly git a few things i want to do. Have a good one too.

---------- Post added at 13:08 ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 ----------

Hey Buster

Lovely sunny day and I've been out trying to accomplish something easy and I've had the panic attack from hell. Not been like it for ages.

At a loss.

---------- Post added at 13:53 ---------- Previous post was at 13:08 ----------

Too bloody right it's real.

http://bodyodd.nbcnews.com/_news/201...-but-real?lite

It is real, actually! I work in a behavioral health center and we do see a lot of people coming in with increase in symptoms this time of year. For some people, the increase in sunlight and warm weather can be stimulating but also triggering. It can cause anxiety to be worse for a lot of people. We always think about SAD as being a winter illness, but it can go both ways.

Thanks for this.

It's good to know I've got a reason for it. It shouldn't last for long in my case though. You look out if the window and see complete loveliness.

Hi , sorry you had blip today had a lot of them lately , my asthma S been playing up and panics me when I wheeze that could be down to the weather as well or they've messed up my inhalers or stress seemed to get worse when I lost my dog three weeks ago , tomorrow's another day and with a bit of luck it might get better , back in the 70s you'd have had to write me a letter to tell me about your day , we had our phone in the hall as well used to sit on the stairs to make a call no central heating freezing cold but you don't care when you're young I swear the rain was warmer back then , take care

Yes, here we are enjoying this website when it's much healthier talking to someone face to face over your favourite beverage, which both of us find difficult to do! Gotta laugh.

I went for a walk later after the god awful panic attacks and bumped into an old colleague and actually managed a chat for a few minutes! I wish I could say there was no stress, but I know I came across perfecky happy and normal, do that was reassuring.

I think the weather is supposed to be better than they said, so let's see what today brings.

Enjoy it too. By the way asthma is one of those things you completely take for granted when you don't have it, but not being able to breath is enough to make anyone panic.

Take care.

Hi , woke this morning after another bad night but thought I'm getting out had a shower got some stuff ready to post then it all went down hill partner still ill with pneumonia , got the panicky feeling and the energy drained away , got to the post office and couldn't face joining the que , when you talk to people and you are hiding the fact you're nervous do you feel they can see straight through th act and see your tension probably here your heart beat , I'm a big bloke and I feel like a bloody child when I get like it , I hide it from everyone I come from a generation of men that see mental health as a weakness lost my dad when I was in my twenties but I still feel hed be ashamed . Feeling a bit sorry for myself today , have another go at the post office soon , sorry to sound depressing , hope your day go's ok , take care

Hi buster

Yes you're right, me crying in front of people i don't even know that well is embarrassing but not in the same league as when a big man would. I doubt if people notice anxiety in you though, for what it's worth. I'm sure your dad wouldn't have been ashamed, perhaps he had been through his own demons so he would definitely get it.

I understand about the post office. Perhaps go in when the queue is shorter. Been there, I really have.

I've set myself something to do this afternoon. It would be great if I did it. No panic today, but then no sunshine either!

Are you in touch with your mum?

My parents don't suffer at all so they are very worried. They think ive been working on and off, but I haven't worked properly since October! Hilarious.

Hope you're feeling better now.

Take care.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information