Thread: Advice needed

Advice needed

Started on 20mg for two months, feeling 70% better then went up to 30mg for another month but seem to have gone backwards. Do I stay on 30mg and give it more time or go back to 20mg. Can't get a Doctor's appointment for a few weeks. Advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Re: Advice needed

It might just be your body adjusting to the higher dose. Maybe you can at leave a message with your doctor or their nurse assistant and ask.

I would say stay on the 30mg dose. It takes time and your recovery depends on a combination of medication and your own efforts to make a full recovery. Also it's not a good idea to play around with your dosage. Give it a chance and try a few other methods at the same time like CBT, Relaxation, Exercise, Healthy Diet and getting the right vitamins and supplements, plus a good night's sleep every night.

Agreed. Upping the dose will often increase side effects like you are starting all over again. It's completely shitty, of course, but totally normal. Just stay with it a bit longer if you can.

Good luck! Post as much as you need to!

Hi - thanks for the advice, feel awful today but going to stick with 30mg

And the annoying thing about Fluoxetine is that because it's half life is so long, it takes a month to stabilise in your blood plasma alone. So, a dose change will likely take as long. It also has that 5th week issue where further stabilisation is taking place.

I agree, wait it out and see if it calms down. If you can, I always struggle going on meds so I know it's hard work.

Thread Information