Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Essential Oils

Essential Oils

I have used a lot of these and find some to be really calming and relaxing. Especially things like Lavender, Sandalwood and Peppermint. You can pick them up from lots of places, I usually get a lot of mine from my local chemist.

I thought I'd recommend these guys, I have visited their shop in Glastonbury, Somerset before and if you ever get the chance to go, it's an amazing shop, you can get to smell all the different oils and it's a really incredible place. The range of oils and incense they have is unbelievable.

Glastonbury is an incredible town too, if you ever get the chance to go there, lots of healing and magical stuff that would really help a lot of anxiety sufferers.

I recently found out they are now online and you can mail order from them, although I have only ever been to the shop in person before. You can also order a catalog from them too. I'm probably going to order some stuff from them soon, they seem very good value and you can order large quantities of the base oils at very reasonable prices and they do lots of blends, although it's hard to know if you like them without testing them first.

http://www.starchild.co.uk/

Jim

Re: Essential Oils

Thank you very much - I have just added them to my favourites!

Lavander is definately my favourite oil (funny cos before anxiety I hated it) and I often carry around a cottonwool ball with a few drops on, as it helps make me feel safe. I also use it on a pillow at night to help me sleep.

I do like Neroli too - I read once somewhere that while all oils have specific qualities, to help specific things, if you are drawn to a particular oil because of its aroma then you should get it just on that basis alone.

I'm a little like this with Neroli - I have no idea what the smell reminds me of or anything but it just makes me go mmmmmm and feel uplifted!

Next time I need more I will definately look at this shop.

I would love a visit to Glastonbury being into crystals as I am this is the top place to buy!

Love Piglet

Lavender is my favourite too, sometimes just imagining the smell of it even when it's not there calms me down. Strangely, I didn't like it either before I had anxiety.

Glad you liked it Piglet, Glastonbury is definitely the place to go for crystals (Leigh lines and centre of the universe, etc, they say!). I used to live fairly close to Glastonbury as a kid and we used to visit regularily. It has become a little touristy over the years, compared to how I remember it, which is a bit of a shame, but it's still well worth a visit.

I'm not sure if they have them on the website, but they definitely sell crystals in the shop along with lots of types of stones etc. Good quality stuff too, my old faithful oil burner I got from there has been going for about 10 years now.

Going into the shop is how I'd imagine a witches shop to be, lots of big jars of all sorts of weird and wonderful things behind the counter and lots of very intresting looking people actually buying stuff from them .

There's plenty of shops there specifically dedicated to crystals, with some of the biggest and most impressive (and most expensive) I've ever seen.

They are very helpful and knowledgeable in the shops there about all that sort of stuff. I wouldn't know where to start myself.

Jim

Oooh I think I would have a lovely time mooching about in there - smelling all the wonderful smells and playing with the crystals!

Although I have never been to Glastonbury I have been to stonehenge and the whole area has such an air of magicery doesn't it!

Piglet

It does, a very special place, with an undescribable atmosphere. I remember the days when you used to be able to go up to the stones at stonehenge and touch them and actually walk around properly. I don't think I'll ever forget that experience.

Jim

THANKS FOR THAT INFO JIMBO I love lavender too,never leave home without it,it is so calming I ,like Pglet,have added this site to to my faves.I love making up potions with different oils.My best one was for labour pains,all the midwives were so chilled out they kept coming into the room just to chill for a mo ,Crumbs Piglet .your crystals ,my oils,we can relax the universe .xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I went on to order some oils today from Star Child, and the website is down right now, I phoned them up to get a catalog sent instead and they said the website is being re-done so it should be working again very soon. Typical me to pick the right day, lol.

Their tel no. in Glastonbury is 01458 834663 if you want a catalog sent out.

Jim

Ahh it's working again...

Got my order through...

Jim

ROFL Jim!!

Piglet

I'm sure I'm addicted to them... was starting to panic I would run out of lavender for a while there...

Was almost tempted in by the expensive french lavender oil, settled for the organic one eventually.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information