Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fluoxetine day 20

Fluoxetine day 20

Having severe anxiety and panic still, for 20 days, surviving on .25 Xanax, will this pass?

Re: Fluoxetine day 20

Hi Jean,

Fluoxetine/Prozac takes the longest of all the major antidepressants to get into your system. There are many diaries/records on here with people not getting positive results for upwards of 8 to 12 weeks.

I've gone through the AWFUL start-up anxiety from antidepressants. I understand your misery and desperation to feel better.

All I can say, and I know that it's not much of a comfort, but HANG IN THERE. Keep taking your Xanax...personally, there's no way I would have made it through the worst of the startup crap without it.

I'd say wait two months AT LEAST. I know it feels like a lifetime, but take it day by day, minute by minute if you have to.

Good luck, and post as much as you need to.

Hi...oh gosh..I have to work and can't take any time off and the only thing that calms me is my xanax but my spych doesn't want me taking it as they say its addicting but my gp says it's fine..I think I've read so much on the net that I'm just scaring myself and making myself paranoid. I feel worse than how I was before i even started. I just want to know if it will work and if I will get better? What should I expect?

I'm on about day 23 of fluoxetine and also had to take some Xanax to fight through the worst of the anxiety. Was taking about .75mg on the worst days but here recently I haven't been having to take any. My anxiety is still there but it's not as bad as it was. I don't know if it's the fluoxetine starting to work or just my mind easing. How much fluoxetine is your daily dose?

I take 20mg..today is day 20.i still feel nervous..jittery..dizzy.shortness of breath and fear sensations come over me. For some reason I'm scared to take my xanax daily?.25mg but end up giving in..as I can't take the symptoms of panic.

---------- Post added at 17:36 ---------- Previous post was at 17:21 ----------

Why do some people say it does t work for panic or anxiety?that's what it was given to me for.hope it works.

I sure hope it works for panic and anxiety, that's why my doctor prescribed also. Have been looked through the Fluoxetine section of the forums to read up on some of the others members experiences?

Keep me updated...I hope my simptoms wear off soon.

Will do, I'll be watching your thread to check on your progress as well since we both started about the same time. I know it's different for everyone but it's nice to know you're not alone.

Red face Re: Fluoxetine day 20

Day 21 still the same...bummer..

Hopefully things get better quickly for you. I've had my ups and downs with it so far. Yesterday and day before were good except after I ate yesterday evening I had terrible nausea and felt dizzy. We have to keep with it though because I hear there is a light at the end of the tunnel, some tunnels are just longer than others.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information