Thread: Lexapro advice. Please!!!

Lexapro advice. Please!!!

Hi,

I have been on Lexapro for GAD for two weeks now. My anxiety and symptoms have.gotten more intense and I feel asif I am getting worse!!

Please if anyone has taken this med. Can you please offer some advice if this is normal. I feel as if I am going to lose my mind!!
    I cannot take this anxiety anymore. It has consumed my life!! I want the old me back!! :(

Re: Lexapro advice. Please!!!

Hi
    What dose did you start on and were you given anything else to help with the anxiety for the first few weeks?

Sorry you are struggling. It's well known that these meds often make anxiety worse before it gets better and the doctor should have explained this to you.

Hopefully if you can stick at it these side effects will soon subside.

All the best

I started out taking a quarter of a pill and had Lorazepam to help or Zopiclone which helped me but sadly the Lexapro never worked for me but old style Celexa always did xxx It will get better, I'd have peaks of anxiety and then flatness when starting up but eventually couldn't tell I was even on it but it just sadly did not help me with the anxiety side so I ended up on Lorazepam for three years and then got taken off it so really need to get back on an AD but am too afraid as doctor refusing help with a crutch for a few weeks till brain chemicals even out. Tried all SSRI's and they are all the same sadly for increasing anxiety in my case too xxxx

Thanks for the responses. My doctor did inform me that increased anxiety was to be expected. He prescribed me something to take along side to help with the increase in anxiety
    But I am afraid to take anything else and trying to tough it out on my own. It ain't easy. Hopefully it kicks in soon.

This week will be my third week on it. Should I start to see some improvement soon?

Thanks,
    Maria

Took me about 8 weeks, but that is on the longer side of things for side effects to settle

Thread Information