Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low blood pressure / Vasovagal . Will it ever kill me?

Re: Low blood pressure / Vasovagal . Will it ever kill me?

Well, I went to the pharmacy, twice. BP on Friday was 120/90, then it was 140/80. HMmm, weird, I could feel it was low. I even passed out and puked.

Hi you say your skinny,do you mean extremely thin or just slim.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexandriaUK View Post
    Hi you say your skinny,do you mean extremely thin or just slim.
    Slim, I usually weigh around 70kgs and am 180cm. However due to anxiety and bowel problems I've lost around 5kg, sometimes gain them back, sometimes lose some more. I am not skinny as in anorexia skinny, but really thin.

---------- Post added at 13:26 ---------- Previous post was at 13:25 ----------

Last week I puked due to allergies, I called my friend and went to get my BP read cos I wa sure it was low. 100/60

HA! WHO'S THE HYPOCHONDRIAC NOW??

I once had a severe stomach bug and everytime I had a bowel movement which was about 30 times a day I fainted off the toilet just after the bowel movement. This happened for 2 days and my Gp explained to my why it was happening and how it is caused by the auto nervous symstem that we have no control over. She told me some people get this every time they have a bowel movement and whilst not dangerous as once you go down your bp goes back up again the risk is in the falling - so this fits perfectly with your bad abdominal episode and could have been the cause of your ongoing problem. You need to see a different Dr!

So you can be reassured that your bp will not cause you go die as it goes back up again and if it gets low enough to make you actually faint then that faint puts it back up again, the danger is in hurting yourself if you faint.

Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
    I once had a severe stomach bug and everytime I had a bowel movement which was about 30 times a day I fainted off the toilet just after the bowel movement. This happened for 2 days and my Gp explained to my why it was happening and how it is caused by the auto nervous symstem that we have no control over. She told me some people get this every time they have a bowel movement and whilst not dangerous as once you go down your bp goes back up again the risk is in the falling - so this fits perfectly with your bad abdominal episode and could have been the cause of your ongoing problem. You need to see a different Dr!

So you can be reassured that your bp will not cause you go die as it goes back up again and if it gets low enough to make you actually faint then that faint puts it back up again, the danger is in hurting yourself if you faint.
    Thank you so much Countrygirl. Although I reckon I've been telling this to myself for two years and some, and I still find it hard to believe sometimes. It scares the living hell off me.

I wish there was a way to kill that stupid vagus nerve that causes my bp to go down every time my bowels feel upset in any kind.

I have had these symptoms for over a year. At the start it sucked. Personally I have lost friends over it because they do not want to be friends with a liability. You have to be true to yourself and not freak out because it will only make you feel worse.

At one stage in my "journey" I had five to eight faints a day. I have had every brain and heart scan possible and there is nothing structurally wrong. I usually have a blood pressure at 85/32 when I pass out. If these symptoms are troubling you, go to an endrocrinologist by a referral from a GP to have blood pressure tablets prescribed.

Get help. You will not die. It will be okay.

I have low blood pressure. The top number is usually between 75-95. I'm still alive

---------- Post added at 15:05 ---------- Previous post was at 15:03 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by iPodClassic View Post
    Thank you so much Countrygirl. Although I reckon I've been telling this to myself for two years and some, and I still find it hard to believe sometimes. It scares the living hell off me.

I wish there was a way to kill that stupid vagus nerve that causes my bp to go down every time my bowels feel upset in any kind.
    You don't want to kill that stupid vagus nerve. I have gastroparesis which is extremely delayed gastric emptying caused by damage to the vagus nerve. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

This is old thread from 2016...

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Oops

Quote Originally Posted by kickingout View Post
    I have had these symptoms for over a year. At the start it sucked. Personally I have lost friends over it because they do not want to be friends with a liability. You have to be true to yourself and not freak out because it will only make you feel worse.

At one stage in my "journey" I had five to eight faints a day. I have had every brain and heart scan possible and there is nothing structurally wrong. I usually have a blood pressure at 85/32 when I pass out. If these symptoms are troubling you, go to an endrocrinologist by a referral from a GP to have blood pressure tablets prescribed.

Get help. You will not die. It will be okay.
    Hi kickingout, sorry for the late reply; life has been hectic lately, but I did save your reply notification on my email and did not forget about it, thank you. Really, thank you. Your words have given me a lot of courage to keep on going. Even though I wished you would not be going through hard times, It's comforting to hear someone has the same issues and survives.

You were right, I did not die, and I'm doing much better since I started clonazepam and meds.

I should get an endocrinologist appt, I did see one like two years ago and everything was fine though.

I hope this message finds you well.

---------- Post added at 22:22 ---------- Previous post was at 22:20 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Capercrohnj View Post
    I have low blood pressure. The top number is usually between 75-95. I'm still alive

---------- Post added at 15:05 ---------- Previous post was at 15:03 ----------

You don't want to kill that stupid vagus nerve. I have gastroparesis which is extremely delayed gastric emptying caused by damage to the vagus nerve. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
    I'm kida, KINDA in the same boat. My bowels are almost non functioning, it's hard, sometimes it feels like it's gonna kill you.
    I hope you're doing better now. Any options or treatments?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information