Thread: Really cannot face going back to work

Unhappy Really cannot face going back to work

Hello everyone, I hope you are all well? I really hope I can get help with this as I am feeling really low and have nobody else to confide into :(

I have worked as a cleaner in a care home for almost two years after leaving a very stressful job, but to be honest, this job is no better! There is no benefits to it at all. You get spoken to like crap, you get no benefits such as double pay on bank holidays except for christmas and easter period and I am on minimum wage. For somebody who has two NVQs, studying for a degree and have relevant experience, this just isn't the place I want to be. I had no choice but to be where I am due to studying a degree and everywhere else is either full time or doesn't bother interviewing me.

Employers just don't want to hire me! I am seeing a career guidance about my CV but there is nothing else I can do. I am almost 20 weeks pregnant and have been off sick from work because I have been feeling really anxious and depressed about my pregnancy due to losing three babies and I am due back at work in less than two weeks.

I am so scared! I'm not ready to go back! I thought I would be after four weeks off but turns out I'm just not. I would love to work but 1) my anxiety and depression is getting the better of me and 2) I absolutely hate the job! I am expected to do strenuous work while I am halfway through my pregnancy and my back and stomach ends up killing me by the end of the day. While every other pregnant woman sit on their backside, I am working mine off! I have asked to try and get me another position where it will be easier but they said no because they are fully staffed.

I did speak to a GP but he said I am fit enough to go back :(
    I am entitled to nothing if I leave so I won't get no income and my partner works overtime enough as it is! I feel so lost :'(

Re: Really cannot face going back to work

They should have done a risk assessment with you and adapted your role. They have a duty of care to their staff. Don't go back until you're ready and they have made changes x

Thread Information