Thread: panic attacks over eyesight

panic attacks over eyesight

so....for the past month or so I keep waking up first thing in the morning with major panic attacks. I open my eyes look around my room and the thought just hits me, all I am is a pair of eyes that looks at stuff. I keep telling myself no I'm not I'm more than that. But I panic. I think I can't escape my sight and all I am is a human who looks around, I say things to myself like would I rather be blind then? Of course not. But it's like I've become hyperaware of my own eyesight and now everything looks weird and I feel unreal. I look around the room and it freaks me out how we are constantly looking as humans and out eyes never get tired. Then it's the whole what if starts...what if I didn't like to see? I'm stuck with it unless I close my eyes but soon I have to open them again. Am I going Crazy or what???? I feel like I am! I also think what am I??? Who am I?? I didn't ask to be put on this earth I'm just a pair of eyes looking around 24/7. Is it possible to be afraid or have a fear of your own eyesight?!!! I think I have!
    I read on here that someone said they look down at there arms or catch a glimpse of there nose in there periferal vision and think I am truely trapped inside my body. Now I've started to believe that and I feel like I'm stuck inside this body with no escape. So here we are 2 months of batteling with this feeling all day it's
    Utter terror. Please help me!!!!!

Re: panic attacks over eyesight

Panic attacks are horrible and overwhelming
    Ive had a few really run away with me recently with catastrophisation etc

Have you spoken to your GP about support
    There are things that can help but its always hard when the fight/flight has kicked in

Try and concentrate on the breathe and perhaps have a look at mindfulness, could practice that when you wake up perhaps if you can catch yourself before your panic sets in

Re: panic attacks over eyesight

Start filtering your thoughts ,asking all time questions that nobody knows and are not important will make you to go crazy .Find a purpose to work in life and thats keep your mind busy all time it must to be something nice that you desire very much this will dirijate your mind from awful thoughts you have

Thread Information