Hi,

I was prescribed these a couple of weeks ago to help me sleep. I was in quite a bad state at the time (mainly due to the lack of sleep) and they helped a lot (took them for a couple of nights). Side effects were also pretty minimal, except for felling sleepy and lethargic the next day and having chronic bad-breath

I've started taking them again 5 days ago and have taken them every night since. They've helped me to get a good night's sleep for the most part which has left me a lot less anxious during the day and i have only had to resort to taking Diazepam a couple of times during this period (i was taking 2 or 3 a day before i started on the sleeping tablets). They've also let me get into a regular sleep pattern which is definately helpful.

My problem is that i'm not sure whether or not to keep taking them regularly or not. Am i just trading one set of problems (severe anxiety and insomnia) for some different ones (sleeping tablet dependance and lethargy)?

I've been trying other methods of getting to sleep (relaxation tapes, warm milk, etc) but without much success when i'm not using the sleeping tablets. I'm still using the relaxation tapes while taking the tablets, hoping that if i can get into the habit of using the tapes they'll help when i stop the tablets?

I've heard so many horror stories about people getting addicted to these kind of drugs, i don't want to add to my current list of problems

On the other hand, i've taken Diazepam regularly for long periods of time in the past and managed to wean myself off of them without any problems.

Andy.