Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Symptoms when not anxious?

Cool Symptoms when not anxious?

HI
    Could anyone tell me if they still get anxiety symptoms even when not feeling particularly anxious? I find that I have symptoms that come from nowhere and that I think, "well I wasn't feeling anxious, so why am I getting symptoms"?

Thanks

Re: Symptoms when not anxious?

Hi, I've been diagnosed with anxiety since august, before that I was suffering from symptoms that had me running to the docs weekly for about a year. I am now undergoing CBT which is helping slowly!!

Anyway the point being I regularly feel absolutely fine then will have missed heartbeat or sudden wierd feeling in chest / lungs or can't breathe for no reason at all!!! In fact as i write I am trying to convinve myself that the wierd skippy feeling in my chest is just panic. I was totally fine at work, feeling pretty good and bang off it went! leading onto shakiness, wierd breathing, feeling sick, floaters inf ront of eyes, very slightly elevated heart rate.... all the fun things that go with anxiety!!

My CBT lady said that its a a big circle, any you can start anywhere in the cycle, sometimes it will be a thought, for me its eaither too much to do, money, work, friends, weather... but often now its a feeling somehwere in my body, so I start to panic from there!! And that point leads to the unpleasant thoughts and it escalates.

Sorry I'm rambling a bit, still feeling a bit adrenaline rushed! my point is I'm sure you'll get loads of replies telling you the same thing.... and if you are anything like me knowing that will help!!

Ailsx

Wink Re: Symptoms when not anxious?

Quote Originally Posted by ailsajayne26 View Post
    floaters inf ront of eyes, very slightly elevated heart rate.... all the fun things that go with anxiety!!

Ailsx
    hi thanks a lot for the reply. Its really interesting and reassuring that you mentioned about "floaters in front of the eyes" This has been driving me crazy for a few months now. So am wondering if its is anxiety? Have had eyes checked and all ok.

Hi Sarahby
    Yes definately it always happens to me .A typical example: I was asleep and woke up with a racing heart and sweating and shaking.I could be at work and all of a sudden it will come out of no where hot flushes or tension headaches,my arm gets lame,my face gets shooting pains or something terrible so I would say its normal.My psycologist said that you can be carm at this moment but it like delayed reaction (he actually explained the whole process but thats all I can remember Lol) I hope you feel better soon love

so do you get the floaters alot? even when not feeling particuarly anxious? hope you feel better soon. thanks for reply x

yeah I notice them fairly regularly.... but its pretty much when something else is off as well, although I do notice them alot when I'm driving... esp if im on a back road with lots of sky... i think i just don't always notice!!..... am actually calming down quicker these days... so they tend to go.... I'm at the opticians tomorrow and was going to ask them about floaters anyway!! seeing as I'm there!!

I only just found out today by browsing this site that floaters can be anxiety related I'd always just put them down to dodgy eyes!! I had in bad moments convinced myself they were from high blood pressure (Which idon't have!) or a bleed on the brain or something else horrible and nasty!!

I have only rejoined today ( I had joined in summer... but moved and thought I didn't need extra support.... slightly wrong!!) but I'm very relieved to find people with other symptoms... makes me realise that if none of them die why should i!! esp seeing as heart problems in otherwise healthy 26yr olds is very rare!

Hi there,

Just to reassure you all, i'm on meds for my anxiety at the moment and I still get symptoms coming out of nowhere. They can range from floaters to really bad palpitations etc. I'm sure though one day that we will be free from this awful cycle and this site definately helps.

Take care

shirley xx

hi,
    thanks for the replies. Really am surprised that floaters are down to anxiety too! How odd!

Hi Sarahby,

Yes I get an unpleasant lump, tight/dry feeling in my throat when I'm not feeling anxious and it drives me round the bend lol! I get this feeling when I'm anxious too but it's really annoying when it comes out of the blue. I get floaters and I believe they're very common but I've never heard them being associated with anxiety.

Take care,

Mine came on suddenly just sitting on my computer its so weird coz I dont feel anxious about ANYTHING right now.......I wish I could get rid of this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information