Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Missed heartbeats and terrified!

Re: Missed heartbeats and terrified!

I get them too. I am currently on propananol, and find that this has reduced the frequency of them. I also find that my state of mind is a major factor. If I'm tired, I tend to get more palpitations, if I am stressed, or have just had an arguement I have tem. Sometimes I get them after thinking that I haven't had any for a while!!!

Purchase the dr Claire weekes books
    Sound advice. The best money I ever spent was on Self Help For Your Nerves.

hi

i also gett them every day more so after eating !how about you .
    i have had them for 8 years now and had lots of ecg,s tests scans and all came back ok but i still stress over them i think it is just the feel of them when they happen that scares me the most i have stoped going out to partys,and hollidays i am so scred when i get them i just want to be at home !
    i do try just to carry on when they are happening but do find it hard .....so i gess you arent allone on this one there seems to be a lot of s with them

hope you are feeling a little better
    love jodie xx

Hi all, just need some reassurance please. I have been doing good over the past few days and had a really busy, hectic even, weekend and i coped fine. Had a large meal and fell asleep in the chair for two hours, was woken up after a dream with a very fast heart beat and it stayed with me all night. I felt awful today, too scared to do anything again, but managed to do some shopping. Had to do a kids disco tonight and pushed myself to do the party dances, i was sweating like a pig, but i did them! Of course my heart rate was very very high, exercising and that, but i was concentrating on them and nothing else. All of a sudden in the middle of the dancing WHAM a long run of multiple ectopic beats, made me stop and took my breath for a second. I carried on anyway, scared though, and then it happened again. I am so fed up with these things, i know we are all told they are harmless but we are advised to exercise and i was exercising at the time!! Makes me just want to sit in a chair and do nothing because of them! I'm really put out now because i was doing so well and really thought i was getting somewhere and now i'm scared all over again and feel like i've been pushed back to the beginning of it all. I have been having ectopic beats for the past 11 years and since i've had my anxiety and PTSD over the past two years, they have obviously got worse. But i'm so fed up now because of this and i forced myself to do the disco and the dances even though i was scared of my high pulse rate. It just isn't fair. I've had hundreds of ECG's and i've seen a cardiologist and had a 48 hour tape, just showed sinus arrhythmia, pulse slows down when breathing out and goes faster when breathing in, told this is normal, and also sinus tackycardia, when pulse goes over 100 beats per minute. Did not show anything else up. I just want to be back to how i used to be, just like everyone else i suppose. Just wanted some reassurance please from someone who has this on a regular basis and multiple runs, perhaps when exercising etc. Also for my high pulse rate for the past two days, thankyou.x

oh seriously i know exactly what you mean! i have had a really harsh time with palpitations and stuff... it's actually the reason i left uni because i had a really bad one one night ._.

it did actually make me faint and my friend called an ambulance and stuff, but nothing really bad happened it was just unpleasant, and i think that's always the case. i mean, the thing is my heart, just like most of ours i think!, is perfectly healthy, and so the chances of anything really bad or permenant or really dangerous happening are v slim to nil i think

but yeah you are far from alone.

Thanks for the reply, they are awful and because i am the way that i am right now it obviously makes it worse. And i probably feel them more too. I know that millions of people get them and they get them a lot more than i do so i suppose that i should count myself lucky, but i feel far from lucky. They do still frighten me, especially when they all come at once for no reason. I wish they would just go away and i would feel so much better i think. x

hi I hear what you are saying about you have had them for 31 years .Do you have them every ten mins everyday? Only I do its been going on for 8 days now and its begining to worry me! Please reply

Hi - i suffer realy bad from them too and i get them more when i am tired.
    I understand where you are coming from with the fear of fanting too cos this is also my worst fear. So your are not alone.

Hi Leesa

I sympathise with you hun. I too get them every day sometimes every few minutes. It can be very scary and the more we are scared of them the more we get. I have had 24 hour monitors etc which did pick some up but I was given the all clear and told that they are normal. Hang in there sweetie, you're not alone.

Hey i posted my huge story on another thread about my ectopics. But to cut a huge story short, mines were due to a vitamin defficiency and also alchohol is toxic to my heart and has made it flabby, so no more red wine for me. Mine did show up on the monitors and were very regular felt light headed and like i would just pass out. But im on Thiamine and vit B now and fingers crossed the palps are dissapearing by the day. as with the anxiety.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information