Thread: Worried about moles on my back

Worried about moles on my back

Hey there,

I have probably about 10-15 miles on my back, about 3 or 4 big (pea size) in uniform colour, circular and with hair growing out of them. The one that worries me is symmetrical but not a perfect oval or circle. It is more like the silhouette of a burger, it also has hair growing out of it.

The thing that concerns me is I can't say for sure if they have always been there. I'm 31 and I think at least 2 of them have appeared in the last couple of years, maybe 2 or 3 this year but I can't be sure.

They don't itch, they don't seem to have changed in the last month and my back is NEVER exposed to sun. Should I be concerned?

Re: Worried about moles on my back

A simple question at your next GP general health appointment will answer your question. I just did the same thing and I had one that I had under my arm for years that had increased in size frozen off for good measure.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Through the years I've had some pretty bad mole HA. The last one was really bad, a black spot appeared on the top of my hand.

I had it removed and it was benign but wow, I was positive it was melanoma.

Something that stuck in my mind was my dermatologist said, "we grow stuff on our skin all of our lives."
    After that episode I told myself, it's so easy to get that skin stuff taken off, if I ever have anything bother me or try to kick up my HA, I'm hightailing it to the dermatologist.

All the best ....

Took the plunge and spoke to my GP today (oddly I have both Health Anxiety and a fear of doctors so it was a big step) and she said the moles didn't look concerning at all!!! Phew!

Thanks for the advice everyone

Health Anxity Never heard of that one before so am wondering now if thats my Problem :-/
    But YaY Well done for going to Doctors

Hi guys! Greatful for some advise I was itching the back of my shoulder today and asked my mum to have a look it's a mole slightly raised and round but obviously I started to panic, witch then spark me on to look at a mole on my leg it's been there since I could remember, but what got me with this one is that it's jagged edges and slightly fading edges, I do remember a few years ago it was itchy! I am right now looking up everything all over the Internet scaring the living day lights out of myself! I suffer with very very servere HA I'm currently living at my mums and leaving my partner of 8 years at home on his own! I have 2 beautiful children a boy (5) and a girl (8months) I am so desperately scared to leave them behind and the rest of my family! I also suffer with what I believe to be IBS self diagnosed! I am just so scared about these moles! Although I'm scared shitless of dying sometimes I feel it would be better if I could take my own life and not some illness! HELP ME PLEASE!!!! (Crying as I write this)

Ooooooo Calm Down Hunni
    If the mole as changed in size over night and bleeds
    Then thats Time to Go see a Doctor
    But To me it sounds like your makeing a mountin out of a mole hill
    The Dyeing Fear you have Well ive no Reply to that hunni
    Just grab life with both hand dont worry about something we cant Do nothing about
    Take care if you want to chat msg me x
    Last edited by awesome cookie; 10-07-16 at 11:55.

Thread Information