Thread: Sweating and weight loss

Sweating and weight loss

Hi all. Been a long time since I've posted, but had a pretty major life event in the last week and it's spiked my anxiety again!

Last week I had a baby boy! It's exciting, but hard work. My anx had got from periodical fretting about myself to almost 24/7 worrying about him.

Since then, I've been getting bad night sweats as well as generally sweating a lot throughout the day. I've also lost 1.7 kilos over this time which isn't helping with the old anxiety. Anyone else had this?

Further info - it's pretty hot in the UK at the mo and I'm also on Sertraline which has been known to cause excess sweating.

Any replies would be appreciated!

Re: Sweating and weight loss

For the first year or so after having a baby hormones are all out of Wack. I think sweating is common for new moms. Also you'll lose the weight you put in during pregnancy so just make sure you drink a lot of water and rest up and you'll be fine. Congrats on the new baby!

Hi, thanks for the response. Should have mentioned I am the father! Not sure the hormones thing applies to me!!

Quote Originally Posted by monkfishjoe View Post
    Hi, thanks for the response. Should have mentioned I am the father! Not sure the hormones thing applies to me!!
    Haha I was going to same the same as Misslove in regards to the weight loss probably being the baby weight!
    Anyway, men can go through some 'stuff' after the arrival of a baby. Not sure about the night sweats but even my hands sweat during the night in this weather, could those not just be due to that?
    As for the weight loss could you not be eating less than usual with all the excitement of a newborn? I'm not sure about 1.7kg but sweating can also produce a little weight loss or so I've read.

Hi KeeKee, thanks for the response. Yeah, I guess the heat is doing me in on terms of sweating at least. Can't wait for the weather to break a little!

Oops sorry! Still babies mess up your Normal rhythms of life and sleep. As the father does it add more pressure on you to provide for your new family? If your super worried see a dr and if he gives you an all clear is chalk it up to new parenting and stress.

Thanks MissLove. My anxiety has been through the roof since the arrival of the baby!

When I get very anxious - and having a baby is a major cause (even if in good way), I sweat a lot and am a man - and I sweat at night. I also lose weight.

Last fall I lost 10 lbs through anxiety. I was worried I would keep shrinking. I finally had to stop weighing myself.

Congratulations on baby!

Congratulations on your baby. You should be way too busy caring for him to have much time to focus on your HA. I always welcomed any problems when my children were young, it took my mind off my own anxieties.
    I always sweat a lot, I think some people just do, and more so with anxiety. Same goes for the weight loss.
    Like Robin said, I too had to hide my scales as it just became another thing to worry about!

Thread Information