Thread: fear of cheating on my boyfriend

fear of cheating on my boyfriend

hi there;
    ive posted on here a few times about what has been told to me to be relationship ocd.
    anyway, i also have this fear that im going to cheat on my boyfriend, that i'll do it without really having any control over it or i'll do it without realising. I often have dreams that ive cheated on him and always wake up feeling really guilty. i know they;re only dreams but they do affect me.
    I also have this thing where i think im attracted to other people all the time, especially people close to him like his best friend his brother etc and sometimes have images of me with his brother or his brother trying it on with me. And trust me that is not what i want to happen at all!! I love my boyfriend very very much and dont want to be with anyone but him.

another example is, last night we were out and my bf's best friend was djing and i could just see his arm through the booth glass, i suddenly though i was thinkign "ooh hes got sexy arms" or something like that and that i was attracted to him and began feelingr eally anxious and guilty. later on in the night he gave me a hug and just feeling him touch me in a plutonic way was liek "guilt central" even though nothing happened and i didnt want anything to happen and i dont evenlook at him in that way.
    i get this all the time with other men/women too, as Im a hairdresser Im in close contact with people and so touching them or being close to them brings this on. I also think that I want them to find me attractive and because i think this i think i must want to cheat on my bf.
    its really distressing!
    can anyone relate?

Re: fear of cheating on my boyfriend

Hi Divalou

I'm sure that loads of people will relate to that. I love my husband and we've been married for twenty seven years. There's no one else that I want to be with and he feels the same.

Now, I'm human and I appreciate the male human form. Show me a hunk on the telly and I'll be glued. I'll also make it known that I think that he's attractive and it doesn't bother my husband. Likewise, there are females on the box that my husband really likes. I even bought him a mouse mat with one of them on.

The point is that we are just looking and admiring. We are not sampling

As for the dreams, yes I have them too. I find myself in bed with famous film stars but, just when they want to get down to the business (as if!!! ), I remember that I'm married and love my husband. I put a stop to it and the dream ends.

Now, I've told my husband about his and he just laughs and shakes his head. It's only a dream, he says, and it wouldn't bother me if you did do it in a dream.

All of this seems pretty harmless to me. I'm sure that a lot of women fantasise about men but that's where it stops. We're only human and we do have hormones.

Elle
    Last edited by Elle; 20-03-07 at 18:58.

Re: fear of cheating on my boyfriend

I also get this feeling. I worry about it but I try to forget about it as I know I would never do anything to hurt my g.f, I try to forget it and take my mind off it and focus on positive things. I think to myself If I was going to do something I would have done it by now.

Thread Information