Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety over blood test results

Anxiety over blood test results

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all doing ok.

I've been managing my HA quite well recently (I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression in 2012 and was having daily gp visits) which I think is a result of having my two babies and a whole host of real things to worry about! Since having my second child 17 months ago I've been feeling quite fatigued- not falling asleep everywhere or unable to do things, just a general run down feeling. I should mention at this point that I have a full time job, do all the childcare around that, look after the house and also work out 6-8 times a week. I'm also not great at resting or going to bed early. Too much to do!! When I was visiting my GP with my little boy, I mentioned the tiredness and she said she'd do a full blood test looking at absolutely everything and it could be low iron or just "general lifestyle choices and a need to scale back". I've put it off but today finally went. In some ways I hope that there maybe is something so that I can maybe take an iron pill to feel better but my HA is making me terrified that this is the beginning of the end and that I'm now going to find I have cancer 😢 Apart from tiredness there really isn't much else to worry about. I've not noticed anything alarming.

I know no one can tell me what I've got but I wanted to be able to tell someone who might understand and maybe someone can tell me when I might hear back?

Thanks for listening x

Re: Anxiety over blood test results

Typically a week.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Button I had something similar late last year and finally did bloods. I was told that there is a fast turn around and GP typically gets results the following day. As there is the weekend I reckon yours will be with the GP Monday afternoon - they get them emailed from the labs now.
    My results turned out fine xxx

Thanks guys. I just hate this but. My HA is centred around bowel cancer so low iron is a very big trigger for me. I've got quite bad jitters at the moment- proud of myself for going but wish I'd never done it

I was exactly the same. Ha ha. Honestly though low iron is so common in women it doesn't necessarily mean anything at all. I was convinced all mine would come back skewed as I felt so tired, but nothing was out of range at all.
    Fingers crossed for you Hun that you can get reassurance early next week- they always call if there's anything to discuss so no news is good news. Xxx

Thanks that's helpful. Hopefully it's the same for me. Unlike previous occasions I know that I'm at a stage in my HA journey where I'd get a lot of reassurance from these tests being clear. Sadly I'm also at a stage where I can't believe they will be. I wouldn't wish anxiety on anyone!

So my bloods were taken first thing on Friday and I didn't hear from the GP today- would they have called by now if there was a problem do you think?

If anything serious was found then I'd say yes. Sometimes they might call if something is slightly out. I'd call the surgery tomorrow morning as they should well be back by then and you can then relax. My husbands were abnormal- nothing serious- and he got a letter through to ask him to repeat the bloods the next day!! Xxx

Wow sounds like your GP is on the ball dizzy! Thanks for the reply so quickly- my friends really don't understand HA at all so it's nice to feel like I've got someone to 'chat' to x

I would challenge the urge to call and allow things to take their course. If there's something off, they'll call sooner but if not, you'll either get a letter or call to come in to go over the normal results.

Being able to challenge your anxiety and win is a step in healing.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information