Thread: Changing symptoms over time

Question Changing symptoms over time

Hi everyone,

My anxiety appeared at university but once I graduated things slowly and steadily improved for a couple of years. Unfortunately I've been dealing with a setback since December 06 but this time the symptoms of anxiety aren't exactly the same as before. I was just wondering if anyone else feels that their symptoms have changed over time because at the moment I'm finding this confusing.

Take care,

Re: Changing symptoms over time

Hi Nibbles, I have suffered with anxiety and phobias now for many years on and off and every time it reoccurs the symptoms can be completely different. I think this is because anxiety (especially Health anxiety) is very cleaver and it seems to trick you into thinking there is really something wrong with you physically. If the symptoms came back the same as last time they wouldn’t worry you and you would know what it was, so coming back with different symptoms, make you think well its different this time, There must be something wrong, then this causes the high anxiety. Hope you feel better soon, Take care. Vernon

I agree Mike. Just when you think you've had all the symptoms, something else jumps up and bites you. I find it's about acceptance of any new symptoms and dealing with them one by one.

Hi Nibbles,

I've experience changing symptoms before too. It seems to be keeping the same at the moment, but in the past I've noticed chnages.

Heather

Hi Mike

I have always said that over the years ( and I have had anxiety for many a moon) my symps have rotated or travelling symps, if you will.
    For a long time I was plagued by imbalance and light headedness. That faded into the sunset and then breathing concerns, and then visual disturbances and then skipped beats/palps and then and then and.....
    You get the idea I am sure.
    This is not to say that the light headedness never returned cause it did- what I am saying is that at least for me it will be an obsession or focus on the symp of that time and if it disappears then I become focused on the next one that appears.
    Mine lately has been the palps/skipped beats.
    Please know that symps can change so do not be alarmed by that at all and certainly try and relax.
    Best to you

Soup

\" I have developed a new philosophy.....I only dread one day at a time.\" Charlie Brown

My symptoms are ever-changing, the one that remains constant is the tingling finger tips and dizziness I get daily!

Thread Information