Thread: Stomach C...?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Stomach C...?

Hi,

I'm currently going through a very bad period, worst I have felt in months, and would like to share it with fellow sufferers.
    It seems as if my family have given up on talking to me and it is making me feel very alone in this world at present.
    This worry I have is effecting my life, in finding it hard to concentrate at work and be happier person around the home for the family.

Some people would of read my previous post, which I would like to say thank you for the people who replied.

Two weeks ago, I woke up feeling nausea, which is on/off present throughout the day.
    I also burp atleast a few times an hour, which I was previously not a burping person.
    I also have this awful taste in the throat/mouth, which I guess is either sick or acid?
    I have not actualy been sick yet!

I visited a doctor, who told me to take this acid tablet daily for two weeks, which did nothing.

I then went back to the surgery and spoke with my doctor, who felt my tummy for lumps, which was ok (how he can tell from the outside baffles me).
    He said it could be a bug and to give it another week to settle.

A week went by, then I re-visited my doctor with my wife this time, to which the doctor again felt my tummy for lumps, which was ok.
    He then looked into my throat and noticed rubbish at the back, which he then subscribed antibiotics.
    He did not suggest a blood test, (which confused me) and he said the telescope down the throat into the stomach would not be necessary as
    there are no alarm bells ringing to suggest it's anything serious.

He asked me if my stools had blood in them, if I was loosing weight, if I was eating less and do I have tummy pains.
    I said no to all these but when I got home, I have started to get tummy pains but I guess this is anxiety and my brain focusing on my doctors question?

He told me to give it another two weeks, which is worrying me like mad as I'm thinking that maybe it is not anxiety and that it could be something serious.

If anybody out there has any reassuring news then could give me and to help cheer me up then I would be very happy to hear from you.

Red

Take care everybody.
    Last edited by reddevil; 23-03-07 at 07:20.

Thread Information