Thread: Sensation of Derealization then Hyper Awareness

Sensation of Derealization then Hyper Awareness

So recently been trying to adjust my sleeping pattern, but I've found myself falling asleep at 6pm and waking up at 3am. Today I went shopping with my girlfriend and i found that i've had this pressure in my head and eyes that has made me feel dizzy, I assumed that it might have something to do with my sinuses as it was also accompanied with general tiredness and a sense of derealization and depression, my body has also just felt generally weak too.

Anyway it tended to come and go throughout the day, I remember i went to the samsung store to show my girlfriend the GEAR VR, she tried it out as did i, but i noticed after we put it down and returned into street, I had this awful feeling that everything had become super hypersensitive, like this odd feeling of hyper awareness overcame me, as silly as it may sound, It felt how you would watching a movie in 3D and 60fps for the first time, It just didn't feel normal.

It came and went throughout the day, but i can't help but feel somewhat anxious when i think about it, and how i felt when it was happening. I feel like this may have been all a mixture of my sinuses, tiredness from my body transitioning into a regular sleep and wake cycle, and general anxiety, but whatever it was, it was a fresh feeling that freaked me out, and is most certainly lingering in my mind.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Re: Sensation of Derealization then Hyper Awareness

I could have written this myself. I too get the pressure at the front of my head which makes be feel like my sinus area is having air pumped into it. I think it's my body's way of telling me I am anxious, even though I don't feel anxious. It's very annoying! When I get it I feel the same way you do and when I walk outside in the direct sunlight, it makes me feel spacey and zoned out.

I am recovering from a major bout of DP/DR and i'm about 90% healed. I still get the head pressure thing from time to time though. When I get it I just try to listen to some music and chill out and always wear shades outside. Once I get home sometimes I will take a xanax to relax or i'll have a few beers. Both stop the symptoms, so I know it's anxiety causing all the issues.

Thread Information