Thread: How Do I Know If I'm Cured?

How Do I Know If I'm Cured?

I've suffered that long, since a child infact (I'm 26 now) how will I know when I'm cured?

I feel great, stupid thoughts have more or less stopped and if they do come I just find a diversion.

I still feel anxious when I go out and in crowds etc but then so do alot of people who don't have anxiety, Once I'm out a while the anxiety soon lifts and I forget about it. I'm still shy but then I was shy even as a child.

I feel I am definatly making alot of progress, I've studied the Linden Method since Christmas and It really has helped.

Re: How Do I Know If I'm Cured?

Quote Originally Posted by samtheman View Post
    I've suffered that long, since a child infact (I'm 26 now) how will I know when I'm cured?

I feel great, stupid thoughts have more or less stopped and if they do come I just find a diversion.

I still feel anxious when I go out and in crowds etc but then so do alot of people who don't have anxiety, Once I'm out a while the anxiety soon lifts and I forget about it. I'm still shy but then I was shy even as a child.

I feel I am definatly making alot of progress, I've studied the Linden Method since Christmas and It really has helped.
    hello, i kinda feel the same as you, all of my general anxiety has gone, all the silly scary thoughts etc, when i do get really anxious i can deal with it pretty well and don't actually get a full blown panic attack that often anymore (maybe once a month)... i cant go out on my own though, im ok if im with others but not on my own, but then up until last july i spent every day at home with my mum and at the time said i couldn't be on my own, which at the time i couldnt but now i've moved in with my fella i spend all day on my own so i obviously can do all the things im terrified of i just gotta do them over and over again and scare the sh*t out of myself until they become normal... (which i cant quite bring myself to do) i get really scared about having to go back to work or college and it's really hard to differentiate between the normal levels of anxiety that anyone would feel starting a new job and the feelings of a panic attack. i think my problem is that i cant see a day when i wont mind feeling nervous but excited, im scared i'll always associate feeling anxious with crazy feelings of not being in controll.. if thats so will i ever be 'cured'?

Thread Information