Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eustachian tube dysfunction

eustachian tube dysfunction

Could the above be causing me to feel dizzy, like im on a boat ?

thats the only diagnosis i have, they said my inner ear canals both turn inwards and gave me a nasal spray which does nothing at all.

i feel nausea and dizzy like im swaying and veering to one side , it comes and goes, they said its not my brain by doing a few neurological tests but i dont believe them, she said its vertigo but its constant and doesnt change when i move position

Re: eustachian tube dysfunction

Hi! It is vertigo. I had a similar thing. I tried everything, nasal sprays etc. The unfortunate thing is there is absolutely nothing you can do about. It took between three and four months for it to resolve itself. I only had vertigo a handful of times during these months. There were tablets I could take to stop the vertigo, but I think you have to take them every day. Tracy

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Did you feel like you where on a boat when walking and sinking when lying down ?

its near constant for me but then will go away a bit for a few days and come back, i dont get the classic room spinning sensation

Yes, I had the on a boat thing when I stood up. I would need to hold on the the walls if I got up to go to the toilet and would feel as if I was being pulled sideways while I was trying to go forward. The room spinning only happened when my eyes were closed. I would usually close my eyes, because it made me feel sick and then I would vomit. After I had vomitted the vertigo would ease. It is a horrible sensation. I feel for you. Tracy

Quote Originally Posted by insideout20 View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Did you feel like you where on a boat when walking and sinking when lying down ?

its near constant for me but then will go away a bit for a few days and come back, i dont get the classic room spinning sensation
    That's exactly what I had and it lasted nearly 5 months for me. I honestly thought it would never go and then it just did. I think it went once I was happier to be honest so stress and anxiety were definitely helping it.

I was scared too and thought all sorts, but clearly it was nothing serious and the way you describe it is exactly what I had x
    Most humans are never fully present in the now, because unconsciously they believe that the next moment must be more important than this one. But then you miss your whole life, which is never not now.
    And that's a revelation for some people: to realize that your life is only ever now. -Eckhart Tolle

hi,

thanks for your messages, i pray it will go, i jyust have other symptoms that i hate like making tyypos when typing, getting letters mixed up in a word, sometimes i feel its difficult just to speak but i hope its just anxiety but it feels like its something with brain.

hi,

thanks for your messages, i pray it will go, i jyust have other symptoms that i hate like making tyypos when typing, getting letters mixed up in a word, sometimes i feel its difficult just to speak but i hope its just anxiety but it feels like its something with brain.
    I have had all of that too, honestly i was so convinced something was wrong with my brain, i kept saying words wrong and sometimes just not being able to get them out and stuttering. Once i recognized it and thought 'OMG' then it started happening a lot more often.
    The only way to deal with this is not giving these things any attention, i know that feels near impossible, but it will happen for you, i hope you take some comfort in the fact that i have had all of this and now it's gone x
    Most humans are never fully present in the now, because unconsciously they believe that the next moment must be more important than this one. But then you miss your whole life, which is never not now.
    And that's a revelation for some people: to realize that your life is only ever now. -Eckhart Tolle

hi, yes thats good to know, thanks so much, did you take any meds for it ? i am glad you are better now

hi, yes thats good to know, thanks so much, did you take any meds for it ? i am glad you are better now
    I didn't no probably why i was suffering for so long with it, well that and the fact i convinced myself i was dying it feels really good to look back now and see how convinced i was, and yet how fine i am now. The same will happen for you, but i understand the fear anxiety causes, you'll get there x

Anxiety definitely makes dizziness worse. :(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information