Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coronation Street?

Coronation Street?

Any see Deidre in Coronation street having a panic attack? Was that portrayed correctly? If so well its not panic attacks i've been having the past 10 years then,

She looked like she was dieing, When I have a panic attack my mind goes totally blank, I get a really stong feeling of fear, It almost brings me to tears and all I want to go is run home to my safe spot

Re: Coronation Street?

All panic attacks are different, I have had Pa's in meetings and colleagues commented that I was only quite in the meeting. Other times, I have paced like a madman during an attack.

I think with the corrie PA, it had to be shown in such a way to give the audience an appreciation of what a PA could be like. Mind you, having a tart like that as a daughter would give anyone a Pa (errr I don't watch corrie, its for girls, whens the football on?)

Interestingly enough, Diredre (Anne Kirkbride) suffers from depression in real life.

Hi everyone

Panic attacks come in all different shapes and sizes (and disguises), its not a case of one size fits all!!! When I have a PA, I do exactly what it says on the tin ........... I panic!! The adrenaline inside goes barmy, my heart starts pounding, the butterflies in my stomach go in to freefall!! I saw the Corrie/Diedre PA - whilst it may not have represented a lot of PAs some people experience, I was just grateful it highlighted PAs in general. Its amazing what the right kind of publicity can do for sufferers of any illness, and if such an attack brings PAs to the fore of publicity then it can only be a good thing for those of us who experience them. The doubting Thomass out there who cannot (will not) understand how debilitating an attack can be might sit up and take notice. It will be intresting to see if Diedre's PAs continue (as they do for most sufferers in real life), or whether it's just a one-off attack - in which case the subject hasn't been researched particualrly well!!!!!

Sandie

Yes, I was also wondering if they will show Deirdre having more attacks. I hope they do to show people the effect that these have on your everyday life.

Kate

Yes so do I Kate - I don't want them to just make it a flash in the pan sort of thing.

Piglet

I think they probably showed the worst case of a panic attack to bring it to light and show how badly they can affect people, I don't think it would have had such a huge affect if she had of just gone quiet and blank, many people do feel like they are about to die when one first hits and they do call out an ambulance, personally I thought it was very well portrayed.

Jaco, honey I know your a secret Corrie fan, so stop trying to hide the fact, and what do you mean your like a mad man sometimes???? I thought that was you all the time lol

Love

Trac xx
    People change, Things go wrong,
    I just remembered...Life Goes On

Yes i watched that episoide, maybe now someone will take notice ,it,s not just something & nothing,i have been told this in the past.

I thought the pa in Corrie was a bit over dramatic but that is tv for you. The Corrie storyline is very much about how a particularly stressful event in your life can bring on panic attacks. However panic attacks can start right out of the blue too, even when there is no obvious cause of stress in your life. This was how they started with me.
    PS I am SO glad that Jaco outed himself as a Corrie watcher! Bet he watches Corrie over a football match too!

I think it was great that corrie brought in a PA.I dont think it was over dramatic.My very first PA was like that one,I thought I was dying, I couldnt breath ect,and was taken to hospital in an ambulance.PA's can be all different. I still have them, some worse than others.

I don't watch Corrie but when I watched Holby City this girl had a panic attack but it wasn't very realistic. She came out too quickly from the attack and walked away like nothing had happened.

I try not to watch programmes with panic attacks involved, very high chance of me getting one.

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information