Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ven diaries

Re: Ven diaries

Does anyone know that if you start a medication that's equivalent to the other in terms of dosage whether it can still be effective? Eg could 75mg ven work effectively even though the equivalent 20mg cit stopped working?

I think they work a bit differently which is why you sometimes need to change. From my experience they must act a bit different because when I started on sertraline I was incredibly ill and then with citalopram but didn't have any gastro upsets with venlafaxine.

Hi Debs We won't be Ven friends anymore...I had a psych appointment today. He is taking me off the Ven. He said that because it is so activating for me, I felt wired all day (but exhausted) if that makes sense, not sleeping (only with Mirt), then waking early. I also was feeling irritated and agitated. He said I must be too sensitive to the chemicals that Ven affect in the brain (can't remember his exact medical terms). Anyhow, I'm supposed to just stop it tomorrow and see how everything goes for the next week without it. Who know what will happen after that. Will be following your journey closely. Will let you know how I go with everything xx

Hi Tracy, if it's not working for you then it's best to find that out now before you continue any further. I am having the opposite effect of sleeping too much which I hope will go away as I've literally been sleeping 10-12hrs a day which is ridiculous. I'll maybe speak to my dr as if it doesn't improve I'll need to consider something else. Has anyone else experienced tiredness?

Day 7; sleeping 10-12hrs, jittery, low mood, much more emotional today

Not sure if the mood and emotionalness is just part of the depression I already have.
    Last edited by Debs21uk; 21-09-16 at 21:14.

Hi Debs. Hope you start to feel better soon. I have read that it can make you sleepy, but also it can make you wired (which is what I was feeling like). I just don't think it was for me (I did have second thoughts when I got home last night), but after waking at 4.00am again this morning and laying there coiled up like an elastic band until I had to get up for work, I thought, nope this isn't for me. I was starting to feel okay before I took it, was starting to read and do some work on the panic and anxiety myself (like trying to drive etc), but that stopped when I started taking this because it took me right back to where I was before, unable to concentrate, mind wizzing 100 miles an hour, anxiety through the roof. So I think I have made the right decision. I think with me as well because I am on so many drugs, my brain just couldn't handle it. Let me know how you get on with the doctor. Maybe once you up the dose to the therapeutic level your energy levels will return? I'm really not sure. I wish you all the best with it though. A lot of people seem to have had good outcomes with it. Chat soon xx

Hi Tracy, I hope you find something that suits you better soon so you can start your recovery. The past couple of days I've been feeling a bit more emotional and shaky but I assume it is a bit of start up and withdrawals all mixed in together. Will keep going and see how it goes. Let me know how you get on.

Day 8: increased sleep, jittery/anxious, emotional.
    Last edited by Debs21uk; 23-09-16 at 00:05.

Not much changing in terms of side effects however I sometimes think part of the jitters I have are from coming off the citalopram, after 12years I'm sure it'll have an effect. Taking half a diazepam to take the edge off if I need it. I know it's not much but I'm too scared to use it too often incase I become tolerant plus I wait to see how I feel before taking anything.

Day 9: still sleeping a lot 10-12hrs, jittery/anxious, thirsty.

So not much different to report, mainly sleeping a lot and not even at a therapeutic dose yet to make a difference. I do have chronic fatigue so the med change could be affecting that as the citalopram used to give me a boost for that.

Day 10: increased sleep, anxious.

Don't know if anyone can view this but an actress here in Britain who is open about her mental health issues speaks about her recent episode, gives me hope!

http://youtu.be/cmU8ms7suhQ

More of the same, trying to fight the sleep but not doing to well as I'm constantly tired. Still having anxious/depressed thoughts but didn't expect these to go when I'm not even tapered over properly yet. Trying to my best to challenge them.

Day 11: increased sleep, anxious/depressive thoughts.

3 days til I do last bit of taper.

Keep going Debs! You are doing great and almost there. I don't always comment, but read every day. Our holiday is going well. Anxiety has been good and have had not early morning waking and anxiety since the Ven got out of my system (I really wished it had of worked for me). Maybe if I gave it another try when I'm in a better head space. I did have a panic attack at the shop which was a bit of a scare. Had to get my daughter to come to the toilet with me and then my partner stay with me in shop. Thought there was something wrong with me (other than panic attack), but as soon as I said to myself 'oh well if you faint, you faint, who cares'. Then I was fine. Kids had a kebab, the takeaway shop man put Jalepenos on instead of olives (can you believe it). Poor little buggers mouths were on fire. We showed him the jelepenos and he said 'yes' yes, they are olives...Grrr what a friggin idiot. Thinking of you. Feeling tired is a very common start up effect of the Ven (from what I've read), I think it will pass once you up the dose. Take care of you xx

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information