Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ven diaries

Re: Ven diaries

Hi Tracy! You are doing so well on your holiday, well done. Poor kids got some shock with a mouthful of jalapeņos, clearly the takeaway guy has no concept of the basic differences. Just as well they aren't allergic or it could have been worse. You handled your panic attack really well, big thumbs up to you!

The tiredness is probably the worst I've had of the cross taper so hopefully when I go up it won't get any worse or I'll be in a constant coma! Two days til I go up and it's getting to the point I just want to get it done with so I can start to properly adapt and see if it works for me. Some of my family seem to think the minute you take one dose you'll be better, if only it was that simple! Enjoy the rest of your holiday, with no more food faux pas xxx

Day 12: increased sleep, anxious/depressive thoughts

So everything is pretty much stable in terms of side effects/ withdrawals so for the sake of one more day I'm going to do the last bit of the taper tonight so completely withdraw from the last 10mg citalopram and increase to 75mg ven. Fingers crossed all goes well with this final stage and I don't get more tired!

Day 13: increased sleep, low mood, anxious.

So last night I did the last bit of the taper and if anything it did the opposite of tiredness and gave me a bit of insomnia. Maybe it'll reset my body clock lol. Not sure if side effects will take a few days to kick in but at least the taper is done.

Day 14: first day of 75mg ven. Bit of insomnia, emotional (that could be hormones), slight headache.

Thought I might jump in with you debs and you guys on the ven section if that's ok? I've just done a straight swap from 20mg Citalopram to 20mg duloxetine but that section is completely dead and I felt like a bully no mates lol. Been on Citalopram on and off for 15 years but had a lapse earlier this year while on it and doc increased me to 30mg... Sent me looney to say the least so I dropped back down to 20. Seems to have stopped working so doc switched me to duloxetine. Only on day 2 of the swap and feeling some nausea, breathlessness. And extreme tiredness along with bad anxiety. Hoping things will improve in the coming days.

Jem x

Hi Jem! Debs is a lovely lady and has been very helpful, positive and optimistic which has been great. We both weaned down a bit before we swapped. So you may be going through some withdrawal from your old med and start up with the new med. Do you mind if I ask if you suffer mainly from depression or anxiety or both? Do you take any other meds. Hope the Dulox works for you. Sucks that we have to go through this. I have psych appointment tomorrow, so who knows what he will suggest. We are here if you ever need a chat xx

---------- Post added at 17:25 ---------- Previous post was at 17:22 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Debs21uk View Post
    So last night I did the last bit of the taper and if anything it did the opposite of tiredness and gave me a bit of insomnia. Maybe it'll reset my body clock lol. Not sure if side effects will take a few days to kick in but at least the taper is done.

Day 14: first day of 75mg ven. Bit of insomnia, emotional (that could be hormones), slight headache.
    Congratulations for getting through the taper Debs! You have done incredibly well. Should be no time and you will be past the start up effects, plus your on a therapeutic dose now so should all start to improve. Good on you girlfriend!!! Xx

Hey Mermaid thanks for your kind words! I know I defo have anxiety not sure about depression, never seen a pdoc so never had a diagnosis. I have a huge fear of depression so if I feel like I have no energy or can't be bothered I panic because I think I have depression. I spent most of my day comparing my symptoms to depression checking if I think I have it. I'm stuck in a vicious cycle I can't get out of! Go figure... I'm a fruit loop lol. How about you?

Jem x

Hey ladies! Thanks Tracy for your lovely words you've been a great help through all this. Glad we have each other here for these tough times. You're very welcome here Jem, it's usually me wittering on about how I feel lol. I have depression with anxiety and if I'm honest I find the anxiety worse.

What dose are you on Jem? X

Hey it's good to rant on how you feel, I write quite a lot about how I feel and it's helps a bit! I was on 20 cit and I did a straight swap to 20 duloxetine. I've read that the therapeutic dose is 60 though. Doctor gave me a months worth so I guess I'm staying on that for now!
    Not sure with the depression but I know anxiety is the worst, I wouldn't wish it on the bloke next door (and he's a complete dick lol)

We can do this though girls!!! X

I suppose it depends whether the 20mg Duloxetine is an exact swap for the 20mg cit. as my dr was so shocking I went to see a private psychiatrist so I think that's how she was cautious making sure the serotonin was replaced when withdrawing and starting the ven.

Lol love your humour Jem, my neighbour is an idiot too!

Tracy let us know how you get on at psych x

Will do Debs! How did you get on with the updose?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information