i was recently diganosed with gad , but after reading somre of the threads on this forum it got me thinking am i actually suffering with ptsd , for tyhe last 15 years i have been living with my daughter who is epileptic and has severe behavrial problems , she was violent and very abusive , and has tried taking my life on many occasions, i started having panick attacks and suffer aniety about 8 years ago , and have learned to survive hour by hour as i never new what was going to be around the corner, as well as having to deal with my daughter she told loads of lies i had people all the time knocking my door and making threats , windows put through and i have even had to flee my home on 2 occasions , i tried every where for help but help was not availble until she turned 18 , i am at presents waiting to see a councelor and hopefully get my life back on track and learn to live again , as i have forgotton how to , my daughter now has been well behaved she has really grown up , but i find it hard to forget and when she comes to visit me i am so on edge , i cannot relax around her , i am waiting for another beating or the house being smashed up again , or maybe another knife thrown at me. i try not to show her that i am still scared of her as she is really trying she phones everyday to tell me she loves me , and sends flowers and is sorry for what she has put me through while she was growing up , i hope one day thati learn to relax around her and that i can finally enjoy being in her company , she has a lovely fiance now and a new home , and finally her epilepsy is in controll and thatshe can now start to live her life, i do love her very much and i am very glad she seems to be turning a corner ,and making a life for herself , but will i ever learn to trust her again , and can you let me know if you think that i could be suffering with ptsd , thanks for reading my post