Thread: Health anxiety humour!

Smile Health anxiety humour!

For those who are able to sometimes make light of their health anxiety upon reflection.

Funniest moments of your health anxiety. Stories of your most irrational fears, what it turned out to be ect or just habits you have

One for me would have to be standing on one leg and touching my nose with my eyes closed to 'check my balance' I used to do this a few times daily, when my partner first saw me he must have thought I'd been possessed

A cringe moment for me was breaking down during a game of scrabble because I didn't notice I had the letter E for a few turns.. I thought I had a brain tumour
    Most humans are never fully present in the now, because unconsciously they believe that the next moment must be more important than this one. But then you miss your whole life, which is never not now.
    And that's a revelation for some people: to realize that your life is only ever now. -Eckhart Tolle

Re: Health anxiety humour!

I've done & tried all sorts that looking back now seem humorous! I used to run & jump up & down the stairs & do all sorts of stupid exercises to convince myself I wasn't ill. My theory was that surely somebody with MS or a brain tumour wouldn't be capable of doing such things !

The one moment I always remember is the day I left my headphones plugged into my iPhone with the music still playing. I was sat at my desk convinced I was hearing voices & kept asking colleagues if they could hear them too. I honestly thought I'd lost the plot and felt really frightened..... until I realised my mistake.

Re: Health anxiety humour!

Quote Originally Posted by meche View Post
    I've done & tried all sorts that looking back now seem humorous! I used to run & jump up & down the stairs & do all sorts of stupid exercises to convince myself I wasn't ill. My theory was that surely somebody with MS or a brain tumour wouldn't be capable of doing such things !

The one moment I always remember is the day I left my headphones plugged into my iPhone with the music still playing. I was sat at my desk convinced I was hearing voices & kept asking colleagues if they could hear them too. I honestly thought I'd lost the plot and felt really frightened..... until I realised my mistake.
    I do that exercise thing too for the exact same reasons haha

That's funny I can think of a few times I thought I was hearing people speak when I'd left my music on and adds were playing, instead of thinking 'wheres that coming from' it's instant fear and panic
    Most humans are never fully present in the now, because unconsciously they believe that the next moment must be more important than this one. But then you miss your whole life, which is never not now.
    And that's a revelation for some people: to realize that your life is only ever now. -Eckhart Tolle

Thread Information