Thread: Brain tumour fear - positivity!!!! Please

Talking Brain tumour fear - positivity!!!! Please

Hi everyone, as you know I have had a torrid time with fear of brain tumours. Even though I:

Have no headaches (severe)
    No nausia
    no Vommiting
    Not too drowsy
    Had my eyes examined and all was fine
    No seizures

However what I have had is I have really not been feeling myself for about 3 months (since my anxiety about health started). I have a dazy headed feeling and feel like I am looking at the world more negatively compared to what I used to, I I feel like I focus on things too much out of my eyes to see if I'm looking at them positively. I also feel as though I am 'not always fully there' and have a very foggy head.

Anyway I now see a therapist and through distracting myself have a slight improvement. Im just trying now to overthink things and not focus on everything out of my eyes (as I have a lot of floaters).

Anyway I have been too in order to stay positive I should print out messages which are positive (e.g.. telling me what I have is anxiety and not a tumour on my brain ) (and reasons for it) (e.g. I would be very ill by now after a brain tumour fear for 9 weeks)

I know some will not want to do this and its probably not what the forum is about but would really help with my anxiety and I would REALLY appreciate it, this is not for reassurance as if this goes well I'm going to stay off the forum s I have for the last few days

this would really help me in my recovery of anxiety and would appreciate every comment. PLEASE NO NEGATIVITY!!!!

Thanks again. ROAD TO RECOVERY!!

Re: Brain tumour fear - positivity!!!! Please

Well we could do that, but you've pretty much covered it with your own post.

To keep it concise, you yourself have admitted that you have none of the classical signs of a brain tumour. You do have symptoms that are simply physical manifestations of anxiety.

Look around the forum and see just how many people experience each and every one of the symptoms that you are. None of them have brain tumours, all of them have anxiety. Why would you be any different.

Despite what you say, this is reassurance seeking. You know it, I know it. It happens a lot around here, but please believe me when I tell you that this will only make you worse. Reassurance seeking is part of the cycle of anxiety, your task is to break that cycle, not to keep feeding it.

Having a quick look at your previous threads, you are actually just repeating yourself over and over. You list your symptoms and request that people respond in a "positive" manner.

If you want something to print out, there's a lot of responses in those previous threads with good info and reassurance. Why not simply refer back to those?

I have actually been doing s lot better and AM enjoying my life.

Just wanted a few nice messages that are positive and that I can look back on happily. So try and avoid saying that thanks.

But thanks for your contribution.

---------- Post added at 13:48 ---------- Previous post was at 13:46 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Having a quick look at your previous threads, you are actually just repeating yourself over and over. You list your symptoms and request that people respond in a "positive" manner.

If you want something to print out, there's a lot of responses in those previous threads with good info and reassurance. Why not simply refer back to those?

Thanks. I just wanted a thread to look back on.

But thanks and I understand

---------- Post added at 14:57 ---------- Previous post was at 13:48 ----------

Anyone else with positive messages??

Quote Originally Posted by Ljthompson10 View Post
    Anyone else with positive messages??
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

You got that therapist appointment very quickly LJ, but fair play. Have you started the medication yet or are you going to rely on therapy/self help?

Either way, good luck in overcoming your anxiety issues.

"Our actions spring not from our will but from our imagination. Whatever ideas we put in our mind, never mind what the idea may be, becomes true for us, even if it is untrue. Further, every idea that we put into the mind becomes reality in so far as it is within the realm of possibility."

No medication.

I'm not as bad as I was already!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ljthompson10 View Post
    Anyway I have been too in order to stay positive I should print out messages which are positive (e.g.. telling me what I have is anxiety and not a tumour on my brain ) (and reasons for it) (e.g. I would be very ill by now after a brain tumour fear for 9 weeks)

I know some will not want to do this and its probably not what the forum is about but would really help with my anxiety and I would REALLY appreciate it, this is not for reassurance as if this goes well I'm going to stay off the forum s I have for the last few days
    So, your therapist thinks it is the job of members of the public to work with you on positive thinking when they are paid to do that in their job?

Are you sure they didn't mean to set you homework for you to find positive information, a data gathering exercise? The point of that is you doing the researching and if this is what they meant, asking us to populate the answers is not the right thing to do.

I suggest you clarify what they want in this homework because you have reassurance-seeking elements to your anxiety and this can quite easily turn into just such an exercise and your therapist should be concerned with that.

There are plenty of posts already on the other threads. A better way would be to review those threads and pick them out. There are specific templates available in therapy to do just this. Have you been given one?

Stop seeking external sources of positivity, reassurance and attention.

Be self-sufficient.

Stick that in your scrapbook!

Every single response you get is positive in one way or another. See that, use it, move forward.

Thread Information