I've been posting here a lot recently, sorry if I'm being a nuisance. Since this bout of HA has flared up I have been hypersensitive about every little twinge/pain/sensation in my stomach. Every time I feel any sensation in my stomach/bowels I get a surge of anxiety, it's awful. I get scared that I'll have to go to the toilet which brings fear and anxiety every time. I really am trying to rationalise my fears and I am succeeding at times but this has started to make me not want to leave my house.

I work so I have to force myself to go out, nearly lost my job 5 years ago because of HA. I hate what this does to me, I am a very capable 50 year old mother of 5 children and I can think rationally about everything else, just not my or my family's health. I have a counsellor who come to see regularly from the drug and alcohol team because of my son's mental health and prescription drug addiction. I have told her about my HA and she has been very understanding, she has offered to go to my gp with me, even to speak for me if need be. I have developed a huge fear of anything medical over the past few years so avoid seeing my gp at all costs. I also have a dentist phobia. I have my first breast screening coming up soon, it's going to be so hard to go to this appointment.

Sorry I'm going off my original subject but it's all connected. Not looking for reassurance, just some rational thoughts.