Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Counselling

Counselling

Hi all

I am seeing a counsellor for the first time on Wednesday eve. So many questions are whizzing around in my head, i just wondered.. is it up to me with how many times i'd like to see my counsellor?.. just i'm a bit worried about the cost of it all and don't know if i can afford to go weekly. Although i realise it will be a greater cost to me in the long run if i don't go at all...

KW

Hi KW

I understand you are anxious about your appointment with the counsellor on Wednesday. I don't think I would even have made it to my first appointment if my friend hadn't come with me! I am sure the counsellor will soon put you at ease and answer any questions you might have. You could always write them down to take to the appointment with you.

I think the counsellor will leave the decision to you as to how frequently you see them and how many sessions you have. I know it is costly and it is a struggle for me to meet the cost too. I am having sessions every fortnight at the moment as this is all I can manage, but may have to cut back to monthly.

I am sure the counsellor will discuss it with you on Wednesday.

Briary

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Hi KW,

Good for you for making the decision to go .

If this is your first visit with them, you may find its more of a fact finding exercise so they can assess how they would like to run the sessions with you and you can also be assessing whether you can work and discuss your issues with this person.

You will also discuss and agree between you the frequency of visits and how many you're aiming for .

Let us know how you get on ..

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
    - Albert Einstein.

hello KW,

Well done for deciding to go!!

I see a counsellor and it is up to me how often I go...she is really nice and understanding about all of my issues. I'm sure that it will be the same for you. Let us know how it goes, ok?

Sarah

Hi KW

Good luck with your counselling and well done for deciding to go. I have had about 8 sessions with mine but it was up to me whether I carried on or not. Why not ask your GP for referral to a NHS counsellor, see if there is one linked to the practice. I was very fortunate as there is one at our practice and I only had to wait 3 weeks to be referred. Let us know how u get on!

Take care

Elaine x

Hi KW!

I too am lucky enough to have a counsellor attatched to my gp's surgery so cost isnt an issue. You will know as time progresses how often you will need to visit. Its a very individual thing.
    Good luck to you let us all know how you get on.

Love Minny..xx

I have NOT failed!! Ive succeeded in finding 1000 solutions that dont work! )

Good for you! You are bound to be a little nervous but it will be fine!

Let us know how you get on.

Sue

Thank you all for your support. Will let you know how it goes tomorrow night.

I'm looking forward to it in a way - i'm addressing the problem and not running away from it anymore

KW

Hope everything goes well tonight - I've no doubt the counsellor will soon put you at your ease and will be happy to work with you regarding the number of appointment you can afford and how often etc.

Good luck!

Best wishes, Jo x

Hi KW. I Hope it all goes well for you. I have the same problem with hypnotherapy it being quite expensive. I try to go once a month. You will find that the counceller will be very understanding and should work with whats best for you!

I hope alls well

Take care

Love PIP's XX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information