Thread: Weird stool

Weird stool

Ok so I have had loose stools, bowel issues for many years now, I am 36, 37 in January so I am used to having stomach cramps, diahreah, and acid reflux. Had a colonoscopy and endoscopy in August 2014 which came up clear and had a biannual physical done on the 1st of this month, blood work all came back normal. But now I am getting concerned because my poop looks really weird and I have never seen anything like it before. I have been taking Metamucil which has helped with the diareah some, plus a shake that has probiotics in it which also helps. But the last few days my poop looks like bundled up ropes and fleshy kind of, but stretches out like a sausage skin but not transparent, hard to describe. The colors are alternating from pale to dark as well. I googled and came up with some topics such as ropeworms, and that freaked me out because some of the pictures looks just like my stool. But when I google ropeworms I can only find information from unknown sources, nothing from WHO or NIH, just curezone.com and askthedoctor.com which all recommend colon cleansing as a way to get rid of them. This makes me think that this Ropeworm is just another faux disease used to scare people into buying a product or whatnot. Another faux thing that I found was intestinal plague or mucoid plague which I see articles about how that's a myth.

So now I don't know what to think, because I have never seen my stool look like this. My wife says not to worry its just thickened mucus, but my mucus that I expel is usually fluffy and clearish yellow, not like stuff that looks like intestinal lining.

Does anyone have a clue of what I am talking about?

Re: Weird stool

I'm no doctor, but I think it's almost certainly from the metamucil. I had similar stools to what you described when I was taking it.

Thread Information