Thread: Intrusive thoughts

Intrusive thoughts

I have intrusive thoughts. Mine are violent ones, ones that I think I am going to harm people or myself.

They are always worse in a situations I can not just leave ! So I avoid trains,planes,bus's and crowded places.

I have never been on holiday and this problem has caused me to loose a loving relationship.

I am at rock bottom. I am not on medication as it does not seem to work. I still get obsessive thoughts when I have been on ant depressents.

Anyone ever been cured of this inflication ?

Re: Intrusive thoughts

Hi Billy

And welcome to NMP its lovely to see you here i hope we can be of some help. If you click on the link below you may find some topics of interest to you. i hope it will be of help.

I used the search facility at the top of this page placing the words "Intrusive thoughts"
    http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/search.php?searchid=47763

Love

Andrea
    xxxxx

Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Try to remember that these are just thoughts and thoughts cannot hurt you honey, and just because you think something it doesn't mean it will actually happen.

Take care

Trac xx
    People change, Things go wrong,
    I just remembered...Life Goes On

Hi and welcome aboard.

Have a look at this page....

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7784

Loads of links on there and also the Symptoms page will explain these thoughts too.....

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms....ppage=symptoms

Remember that they are just thoughts and not actions or instructions.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

hi billy, i,m @ mo suffering badley with thoughts & images that i,m going to act them out & i,ve got to say its ******* horrible. i get it worse with my daughter & at work now recentley any1 who's near me, its making me believe that i mite end up acting them out, i've had anxiety 4 21yrs, been on the pills they dont work starting to cum of them, seeing a therapist @ mo. but this anxiety wont leave me its akiller. dont get me wrong ido get days when i feel ok but not many.

hi i am new to this so pls bear with me, in answer to your question has anyone ever beat this the answer is yes - i have, 11 years ago i beat it unfortunatly it came back last year but once again i am on the road to recovery i do have off days, i have four children and a husband, and like you i have thoughts of harm and self harm i visulize it as well, the thoughts used to consume me 24/7 now i may get a few a day or sometimes go weeks without them - keep going stay strong and remember you will never ever act on your thoughts once you start to trust and belive in that you can start your recovery GOOD LUCK
    michelle x

Hi,it does get better.This time last year I thought I was going crazy.I really thought I was going to end up in a psychiatric hospital.Thanks to this wonderful site and all the fantastic people here I found out the thoughts I was having were down to anxiety.I still get them,but not as bad and Im able to tell my self now it is my anxiety and Im not mad.

Thread Information