Hi, as title says I wondered if I'm alone in this. I need to have blood tests and have got myself in a right state about them. Last I had any was about 15 months ago just before an operation, but they were part of the pre-op so they didn't test for everything the way a GP would.

My GP has been asking me to have some since September, so much so that I've changed GP's to avoid seeing him! I don't know why I can't get past this mental block - actually I do, it's sheer terror about the results.

I actually like having the test done (weirdo) and have no problems with needles, it's those damn results. And now I am 99% sure there's a few things wrong with me so should have them even more but can't face it. I've booked the tests 3 times and cancelled the day before, it makes me feel physically sick.

Everyone I know thinks I'm pathetic, they just say "Oh just go and get them done, it's no big deal!" and "Well it's better to know if there's something wrong with you". I wish I could see it like that.