Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prostate question

Prostate question

Is frequent urination a symptom of prostate cancer and would it be all the Time including at night. I sometimes get frequent urination but never have to get up during the night. I'm 36 and have had this symptom before and had lots of tests including psa and it was anxiety but having a problem accepting that it is anxiety again even know the symptoms are exactly the same as before. I take it prostate cancer with no family history at 36 would be unlikely

Re: Prostate question

Yes, incredibly, incredibly unlikely. Even if you were having to get up of a night to urinate, there's still a 99.9% chance there's another, more mundane cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollace View Post
    Yes, incredibly, incredibly unlikely. Even if you were having to get up of a night to urinate, there's still a 99.9% chance there's another, more mundane cause.
    Well I was tested 1.5 year ago and as soon as I knew all year where fine it went away but it is now my new obsession. Surely with my age history etc and having the symptoms before with all tests clear means it's anxiety again ?

I too have/had this obsession, I had Cytology and PSA and was 100% normal on both.

I think you know the answer to your question.

Anxiety can definitely be a cause of frequent urination. If you have had the same symptoms in the past and tests ruled out PC then it seems more than likely that anxiety is the cause again. Have you tried a peeball? That might help give you peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveCH View Post
    Is frequent urination a symptom of prostate cancer and would it be all the Time including at night. I sometimes get frequent urination but never have to get up during the night. I'm 36 and have had this symptom before and had lots of tests including psa and it was anxiety but having a problem accepting that it is anxiety again even know the symptoms are exactly the same as before. I take it prostate cancer with no family history at 36 would be unlikely
    Hi, not a bloke but my dad had this so I know a bit about it. This cancer affects males over 50 years of age. My dad was 58 and his brother (in his 70s) had it too. My brothers were not screened until they were in their 50s and that's with the family history so rest assured that at your age and without any history, it is incredibly unlikely to be prostate cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by swajj View Post
    Anxiety can definitely be a cause of frequent urination. If you have had the same symptoms in the past and tests ruled out PC then it seems more than likely that anxiety is the cause again. Have you tried a peeball? That might help give you peace of mind.
    Well I can pee from 4 feet away no problem and hit the back of the urinal

lol congratulations. I think you are fine.

Happy Days Dave you can now join the Fire Brigade LOL You will be fine!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information