Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: lost / deleted thread

lost / deleted thread

wheres the thread gone where dave and terry were defending paedophiles?
    I was having a reasonable and non-offensive discussion within forum rules with terry and its suddenly disappeared?
    can someone from mods / admin please pm me and let me know whats happened? or put in public view what is going on?
    I`m not seeking any form of confronatation or upset but I think this above all other issues I`ve ever argued on here really needs some exposure.

Re: lost / deleted thread

Ahh, I thought it was my computer because I just tried to post a reply on that thread, but had a message telling me I had no access to it. I usually read these threads but never post replies, howeverI did this time in support of Bruce's comments on it. It's a very emotive subject so perhaps admins or Nic didn't want it to go any further Bruce.

ISB
    Last edited by Catherine S; 29-12-16 at 01:57.

I wasn't defending paedophilia. I was discussing POCD. I even disagreed with Dave before you did!

I have also asked Admin why they have deleted it but out of concern for the OP, nothing else.

Insinuating I may be a paedophile, or defend them, is surely not within forum rules?

I reported the thread due to inappropriate comments. I have no problem responding to them but I don't think anyone wants to see an argument on the forum and I'm not being called a paedophile by a member ignorant of POCD, or any member for that matter.

Hopefully it can be left there until Admin respond? I can't let this comment here go, it's completely incorrect and a slur which I find abhorrent.

facts - you defended the behaviour of whoevenami having sexual responses while thinking about children - he has not been diagnosed with pocd or anything else, he is a random person on a public forum saying he has groinal responses when thinking of children. also helenhoo who was becoming moist at the sight of her `darn cute cousin`

dave said `theres nothing wrong with being a paedophile` - yes there is

I`m not calling you a paedophile, I`m asking why you find it necessary to defend people who are sexually aroused around children, and insist that I`m wrong in finding it a problem.

forum rules do not say anywhere that you are not allowed to disagree with terry and his long winded rants. I`ll wait on advice from nic or the mods to tell me different.

What I was attempting to say on the thread, was that OCD seems to be a very large umbrella under which all sorts of fantasies appear to sit, giving them almost the cover of respectability, and I was asking what makes a person act on those fantasies...what changes? How does paedophilia begin? Also, the therapy talked about on the thread, is it the same therapy given to paedophiles? I personally aren't accusing anyone of this, and I'm sure Bruce wasn't either. I'm just curious about it.

ISB
    Last edited by Catherine S; 29-12-16 at 01:56. Reason: spelling

thank you ISB for some sanity. I am old school and maybe my posts come across non-pc but as you`ve just said very nicely, how is finding children sexually attractive OCD rather than borderline dangerous? is it ok to condone such urges or is this somehow encouraging people in some way?
    I think this is all worth a discussion, not just I`m right / you`re wrong, or deletion of threads.

Quote Originally Posted by I still Believe View Post
    What I was attempting to say on the thread, was that OCD seems to be a very large umbrella under which all sorts of fantasies appear to sit, giving them almost the cover of respectability, and I was asking what makes a person act on those fantasies...what changes? How does paedophilia begin? Also, the therapy talked about on the thread, is it the same therapy given to paedophiles? I personally aren't accusing anyone of this, and I'm sure Bruce wasn't either. I'm just curious about it.

ISB
    Sorry Cath, you've been involved in a thread before where we went through all this a couple of years ago. Sexual responses were explained in there too.

If people don't understand the differences then why not read about POCD? You could ask OCD UK to explain it, they will have plenty of threads on their forum.

It's not fantasy. It's intrusive thoughts. Fantasy would be something much darker. Intrusive thoughts like this are well accepted across the world. There are plenty of articles out there including in our own national press as was posted in that thread two years ago.

---------- Post added at 02:10 ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by brucealmighty View Post
    thank you ISB for some sanity. I am old school and maybe my posts come across non-pc but as you`ve just said very nicely, how is finding children sexually attractive OCD rather than borderline dangerous? is it ok to condone such urges or is this somehow encouraging people in some way?
    I think this is all worth a discussion, not just I`m right / you`re wrong, or deletion of threads.
    The problem is you refuse to understand that they don't find them sexually attractive, they find them abhorrent. This had been made clear in the hundreds of threads about it on the OCD board which haven't been a problem until you started causing one.

Old school? Come on Bruce, times change. Education is important in understanding these things. What used to be acceptable years ago isn't the same as now. See racism in the UK as one good example of that.

Why do you believe you are right and every OCD charity, medical professionals around the world and the NHS, are all wrong?

---------- Post added at 02:13 ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 ----------

facts - you defended the behaviour of whoevenami having sexual responses while thinking about children - he has not been diagnosed with pocd or anything else, he is a random person on a public forum saying he has groinal responses when thinking of children. also helenhoo who was becoming moist at the sight of her `darn cute cousin`

dave said `theres nothing wrong with being a paedophile` - yes there is

I`m not calling you a paedophile, I`m asking why you find it necessary to defend people who are sexually aroused around children, and insist that I`m wrong in finding it a problem.

forum rules do not say anywhere that you are not allowed to disagree with terry and his long winded rants. I`ll wait on advice from nic or the mods to tell me different.
    You made insinuations across two threads.

The OP you talked about is one of many, including others on NMP I've come across since being here, and regardless of groinal response everything he says screams OCD and the opposite of paedophilia. Groinal response in OCD is a known thing.

I find your views on this ignorant and given you mentioning that OP here it makes me question you views towards him.

I think its a fine line between intrusive thoughts and fantasies and it would take a lot of arguing the intricacies of an intrusive thought which just popped into your head, or a fantasy which you fed with further intent.
    I`m not arguing that I know best or could discuss in court whether someone was accidentally thinking sexually of children, or feeding their urges, I`m not qualified to do that and neither is anyone else on here, i`m saying that there are people posting on here with some dangerous issues which need professional help. and finding children arousing in the way certain people have discussed is unsettling to me, and needs qualified help.
    my earlier posts were from a viewpoint that someone like yourself terry with the huge number of posts, and authoritative way of expressing yourself could come across as being someone with a professional background, who could be relied upon over some pretty serious matters, especially by younger forum members who were seeking guidance.
    Its vital that no matter what opinions we have, we let people know we are very much lay people with mental health issues ourself.

posts must have crossed, nice touch trying to lump racism in with my old school views terry. Crude in the extreme.

my views towards the op have been expressed fully and compassionately in a pm to him and I wish him nothing but good will. the problem I have is people like yourself saying something is POCD or OCD when the OP has not been diagnosed with anything. you are guessing. you are not a mental health professional are you? you are a copy / paste merchant who tries to sound clever and fails at every twist and turn. your source of power in life is pressing `send` on this forum and pretending you have some influence over people like me who disagree with you. you don`t.
    Last edited by brucealmighty; 29-12-16 at 02:26.

Well, people might have tried to explain to me the differences between bad thoughts and fantasies, but I obviously don't get it. I mean, I know that ocd includes people getting the urge to hurl themselves through a window for example...bit extreme but I did read that somewhere. But I think thoughts, fantasies or whatever you choose to call them, about sex with children is very emotive and really hard for alot of people to include in the vast array of ocd symptoms. You may not like to hear that Terry, but you surely should understand it at least.

Cath

And for the record, I've asked Admin why they have deleted it rather than locked it. I'm concerned the OP will lose out on the support he had. I don't want it deleted but your comments to me were based on your belief I was responding to you, which I explained was not the case.

Discussion is a good thing but when someone complains about links to expert info and refuses to acknowledge existence of a theme the medical world do, no discussion is possible.

Cath, the treatment is CBT. Guess what? Yes, they can even use that in paedophilia but then they also do for anxiety & depressive disorders. But they don't treat POCD since that's a sufferer's term, OCD is classified by the type of bias in the cycle.

---------- Post added at 02:28 ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 ----------

I think its a fine line between intrusive thoughts and fantasies and it would take a lot of arguing the intricacies of an intrusive thought which just popped into your head, or a fantasy which you fed with further intent.
    I`m not arguing that I know best or could discuss in court whether someone was accidentally thinking sexually of children, or feeding their urges, I`m not qualified to do that and neither is anyone else on here, i`m saying that there are people posting on here with some dangerous issues which need professional help. and finding children arousing in the way certain people have discussed is unsettling to me, and needs qualified help.
    my earlier posts were from a viewpoint that someone like yourself terry with the huge number of posts, and authoritative way of expressing yourself could come across as being someone with a professional background, who could be relied upon over some pretty serious matters, especially by younger forum members who were seeking guidance.
    Its vital that no matter what opinions we have, we let people know we are very much lay people with mental health issues ourself.
    I can understand it being difficult, I had no idea myself a few years ago and would be thinking much the same.

I'm only a member like the rest of you. I'm a sufferer too and far from recovered. Part of my intrusive thoughts were violence against my parents. So, am I a potential murderer? That's a more serious criminal offence. So, what you area arguing for is to strip a lot of the OCD off NMP just because you don't understand it and aren't learning to change that? Why should others suffer? Intrusive thoughts area nearly every thread on the OCD board. Why now?

My posting style has been the same joining, Admin have not raised issues with it. Several members have, but maybe people have issues with other people and how they post? As long as it's within the rules why does it matter? I'm not going to change how I post when someone could just accept it or use the ignore function.

---------- Post added at 02:32 ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by I still Believe View Post
    Well, people might have tried to explain to me the differences between bad thoughts and fantasies, but I obviously don't get it. I mean, I know that ocd includes people getting the urge to hurl themselves through a window for example...bit extreme but I did read that somewhere. But I think thoughts, fantasies or whatever you choose to call them, about sex with children is very emotive and really hard for alot of people to include in the vast array of ocd symptoms. You may not like to hear that Terry, but you surely should understand it at least.

Cath
    Yes, I do understand. I would have felt the same years ago and it's only through reading about it that I now know feeling that way was incorrect.

I don't blame anyone struggling with it but that's not the problem of that person to educate others. Those of us who do understand it will support others.

Jumping off bridges, strangling strangers, attacking parents, harming myself, running running across in front of traffic, etc. And more. All mine and shared by many others including on here. Where were the queries then though?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information