Happy 2017 everyone.

So, I've been having major worries about my heart lately. I've always had health anxiety to a degree, but it's never been this bad and I don't know what has triggered it.

About a year ago I had chest pains - racing heart mostly. I went to the doctor at that time and had an ECG, blood work and they made me wear a 72-hour heart monitor. All came back fine and I moved on with my life.

About 5 weeks ago I felt a bit of tightness in my chest so I went to a walk in clinic just to get it checked out. That doctor freaked me out so much talking about heart failure and blood clots and told me to go to the ER immediately.

So, off to the ER I went. I had an ECG again, blood work and a chest X-ray. Again, all came back fine.
That incident freaked me out enough that I quit smoking (it's been 52 days now).

Since that incident I've been a mess. I've had palpitations, stabbing pain, squeezing, aching, etc.
I think about my heart every waking moment. I'm pretty sure I'm driving everyone around me insane with these worries.

I can't even tell if they're actually chest pains, or if I'm imagining it. Can you be so hyper focused on a spot that you can create symptoms?
It could also be GERD (as I've noticed pain and burning in my upper stomach/chest as well).
It may also not be my heart at all, as I work a labour job, so I'm thinking the pain might be muscular and muscle spasms ... it might also only be hurting when I breathe.

I just want to stop focusing on this 24/7. I want to live my life and not be afraid to get together with friends, go out, take my partner on a date, go for a walk and not plan out all my routes based on where hospitals are located.

Any advice out there?

---------- Post added at 17:36 ---------- Previous post was at 17:29 ----------

I should also add that I have a new family doctor, but my appointment isn't until March 22 (I'm Canadian, our wait times are ridiculous).