I just had a panic attack-- i think? Can they come out of the blue? I have been having marital problems, and anxiety problems. I'm also hope with my 6 year old who who throwing up this morning. I spent the whole morning working from home and feeling anxious.

I was walking around the house and started to feeling short of breath (or maybe i was breathing too fast). I think that may have scared me. My stomach and back muscles got really tight. I felt like my breathing was constricted, then the palpitations started. I felt like i needed to run away. I called my mom to see if she could come over and watch my 6 year old while i calm down. She wasn't home, so i got more scared. i took a small dose of xanax which helped slightly, but am still concentrating on my breathing, which feels labored.

I'm assuming this is a full blown panic attack? I've never had the tight stomach with butterflies during an attack. I was able to bear down to stop the palpitations and did some deep breathing. I'm still feeling a sense of uneasiness and i'm scared. Any advice? What helps you during an attack?