Thread: Severe side effects

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Severe side effects

Hi all. I was quite active on this site for a few years about 13 years ago. I've suffered with anxiety for most of this time. Subsequently I was going through infertility and recurrent miscarriage.

Anyway, long story short I am now under peri natal mental health services and have been managing my bouts of anxiety (quite manic) with diazepam as and when. I have these episode about once a month at the moment.

My psych prescribed Seroquel but after a quarter of the dose it zombified me and didn't agree with me, I now have 2 beautiful baby boys so my priority is taking care of them. I was told to stop the med immediately.

I have now been prescribed Lyrica 75mg X 2 per day. I Am very sensitive to meds so started 75mg and I've been having weird side effects which is making anxiety go through the roof. Feeling drunk, euphoric, sensitive brain, then like a come down feeling is the only way I can explain it. I def do not feel myself and some of the feelings are not anxiety but the med. My CPN knows nothing about the drug and told me it's my decision to stop or carry on and I'm not holding my breath on my psych calling me back anytime soon. My next review is 13th Feb.

I've tried SSRI's in the past, seroxetine sent me straight to A and E with severe anxiety episode.

I don't know what to do, ride this drug out to see if the sides subside as my psych did say I May feel a bit strange at first or stop this med my head is all over the place and I'm really struggling.

Anyone else had similar? I've also raged at the kids and I hate myself for it which is making me think this may not be the miracle cure I keep reading about for anxiety ��
    Last edited by LeeC; 17-01-17 at 11:47.

Thread Information