Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FEELING DOWN

FEELING DOWN

hi guys i could do with a bit of support please
    found out today my dog has cancer - it has knocked me for six i cant seem to stop crying and feel really low - i dont know what to do or where to turn - the tightness in my neck is back and im worried im going to panic - i know its a lot to ask but please can anyone suggest anything? im on my own this weekend as bill has to go away and im finding it hard to cope i lost my mom dad and grandad to cancer i cant go through it again
    david

Hi Dave,

I'm :( sad to hear what you are going through
    right now. Your anxiety level's are bound to be
    hight right now, this does not meen you will have
    a PA.
    Can you invite a friend round to stay so you can
    have someone to talk to.

LOVE JILLXX

Hi Dave!

Youve thrown enough hugs around the forum so now its your turn!

BIG HUG!!!!

Sorry youre having a rough time of it. Our pets often mean the world to us and you have to have them to understand. Ive also lost quite a few members of my family to cancer over the past 18 months to the point that Im now classed as "high risk". Theres no easy way of dealing with it apart from acceptance. It hurts like hell but unfortunately there is no magic wand. My dad is next for me. He has Gastro intestinal sarcoma of the connective tissues and he hasnt long left.
    My way of dealing with it is that as long as my loved one is alive, I refuse to grieve. There is plenty of time for that later. Just try (easier said than done!!) to enjoy what time you have left and remember the positive things.
    Some people often under-estimate the effects pets can have on us. If I take on a pet, it immediately becomes part of my family so loss matters.
    I lost a very special pet a while back and felt much like you feel now. I planted a tree. Simple but effective and it made a difference to me.
    Just go with how you feel and talk when you need to.

Sorry if Ive not been much help but I can only give an opinion based on my experiences.

I hope you feel better and stronger soon!

Love and thoughts...Minny...xxxx

I have NOT failed!! Ive succeeded in finding 1000 solutions that dont work! )

hi Dave,

I'm SO sorry to hear about your dog. is there anything they can do for him?

Why don't you invite a friend around for the weekend? You would feel better if you had someone to talk to, huh?

Sarah

Hiya Dave

So sorry to hear the sad news - I can appreciate how you feel as my 'oldie' Holly is nearly 13 and she has some pretty nasty health problems including ulcerative colitis and a damaged liver. I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better but I know I'd be exactly the same as you in your situation.

Have you had a chat with the vet about your dog's prognosis? Although cancer is such a horrible word it doesn't necessarily have to mean the end and even if there is no cure, most often you will be able to make sure he/she can live for some time quite comfortably and without suffering. I think quality of life is the main issue here and only you can decide when the time is right to let your dog go with grace and dignity.

I know this is really hard, but you have try and be positive and think of the wonderful life you've given your dog and remember all the great times you have had together.

Make sure that Bill has his mobile switched on at all hours as I'm sure he will appreciate that you're going to need to talk. This is a really horrid thing and I wish that I could take it away from you, but please accept that what you are feeling is quite normal and that its OK to be upset. Better to let it out than bottle it up ....

Thinking of you hun, love Jo xxx

thanks guys when i got in this afternoon i just went to pieces - i phoned a friend whos response was its only a dog so that didnt help im calmer now and im trying to remain positive ive got the headache from hell and feel realy tired so i think its an early night tonight me spooky and lots of hugs - thanks again
    xx david

Hi David

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. I'm sure any of us pet owners can understand how that would make you feel.

BIG HUG for you.

Briary

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Hiya David

Only a none pet owner could say such things! Holly and Jazz ARE my family and I love them to bits. If you're anything like me, you'll spoil Spooky rotten from now on, which I'm sure will be much appreciated!

Get and good nights sleep and you'll be more focussed in the morning. Love and hugs to you and spook.

Jo xxx

David,

So sorry about your dog... I understand how you feel, I really do. I had a dog for 17 years, who went thru a LOT with me - thru times when she was practically the only one who stuck by me. She got a lump on her paw, so I took her to the vet, who said she had the big "C". Like you, I was devastated... Cried like a baby. A few days later, a friend encouraged me to take her for a second opinion to an old country vet who was old - fashioned but cheap (I was pretty much broke at that time). Well, the old guy poked and prodded on her, and diagnosed her lump as a cyst, drained it - and, bottom line, good old Penny was around for a few more years!

And, just last year, when I was going thru my series of horrible panic attacks, the vet diagnosed my current four legged sweetheart (Lady), with heartworms, and told me she wouldn't make it thru the summer...

Well, she is laying here beside me, demanding that I quit typing and fetch her a treat!!! Shows what they know!

I know our pets don't live forever - none of us do - but, with love, caring and the occasional special treat, they can surprise us with their inner strengh and will to live. That's one of the nice things about being a dumb animal, I guess....

They don't understand (nor particuarly care) when someone tells them they are terminally ill or crazy or whatever. They just go along happily on their way. When Lady was given her bad diagnosis, my wife told me, as I sat on the floor weeping hugging and her (Lady, not my wife...), "Well, we just need to love her and give her a reason to want to stay around..." Which is what we did.

And, she's still here.

I don't know if this made sense, but I hope you understand that I understand...

Hang in there!

Rick

It is better to be a free bird than a captive king...

Hi Dave,

I really sympathise with you. My mum had our pet dog put to sleep earlier this year and I really had to be there for her a lot, she was so upset. And then unexpectedly and suddenly my mum died two weeks later.

I know it sounds silly but our dog was 18 and I felt like I'd lost a chunk of my childhood when I lost the dog. I wished I could have sat down with "Carla" (the dog) and spoke to her about my mum - she would have known how I felt, but she was gone also.

Sorry, on a more cheerful note i've now got my mums cat and she's great. She's scratched my leather sofa and sh***t in me tumble dryer - what's her next trick? I dread to think

BIG HUGS AND TAKE CARE

Laura x x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information