Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Advertising on NMP

Re: Advertising on NMP

This is probably a note for Alex if he is tweaking.
    I just had a strange AD, which wasn't really an AD at all.
    It filled the whole page when clicking on a thread. It was BettyBoops Hug thread.

There were 2 small boxes, one in blue which read 'Regarder en', the other was a green box saying; 'Telecharger. Hope this helps you.

Nicola, I only wished more would support you with funds and asking out right is just not your style. You do what you have to do to keep this Site going. x

Ok thanks Terry - fair enough.

Well we have the NMP facebook group as well so we need to keep an eye on things on there as well but it pretty much runs itself.

Carnation - not sure Alex will know what caused that but I will ask him for you.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    It filled the whole page when clicking on a thread. It was BettyBoops Hug thread.

There were 2 small boxes, one in blue which read 'Regarder en', the other was a green box saying; 'Telecharger. Hope this helps you.

Nicola, I only wished more would support you with funds and asking out right is just not your style. You do what you have to do to keep this Site going. x
    I had the same thing don't think it was ad as such, plus it appeared when quoting a post, so you are not alone on this Carnation Cheers

I clicked on the thread again and it is gone now.

---------- Post added at 17:34 ---------- Previous post was at 17:31 ----------

It's probably the French trying to get through before the finalisation of Brexit!

I clicked on the thread again and it is gone now.

---------- Post added at 17:34 ---------- Previous post was at 17:31 ----------

It's probably the French trying to get through before the finalisation of Brexit!
    Merde! Non, monsieur.

It's happened to me a few times this afternoon. I was in PM, arcade.

---------- Post added at 18:29 ---------- Previous post was at 18:07 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Ahh didn't know that! So effectively turning off JS actually disables the ads? Wont it mess up other things in a site that uses JS code in other parts of the site? I will have to look at Full Chrome for my Pc! Actually a simpler way is just to close the ad down if you don't like, that's what I am doing and so far it's working Oh same here what a load of drivel do they seriously have NO life?? Plus there's many reasons I don't FB or Tweet got better things to do with my life thank you Cheers
    Yep, it reverts it back to NMP pre ads. I don't know what runs on that on here but the threads & posting was fine. It won't affect the games since they are Flash. It might affect the shopping carts & things on the main site. One for Nic & Alex to answer if anyone needs to know.

It only takes seconds to do. It helps me on a small smartphone because my clicks are opening up the wrong threads (ones higher up off screen) and ads when I've clicked reply or quote, etc. I'm used to that off Digital Spy but it adds a few seconds to opening any new screen so it's just annoying. You probably won't notice that on larger devices.

It will likely cause problems on many other sites though. It's not just things like the carts, many will be optimised using it. But with me coming on here in block the, I just re enable it when I'm surfing elsewhere. Looked it all up earlier and it's easy to do.

You only need do It once on full Chrome. You can type individual website addresses in the disable feature. Dead simple.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 27-02-17 at 18:21.

Alex is offline Administrator/Developer/Hamster/Chief Lisa Basher ;-)

I suspect there was something that didn't load correctly causing the page to get all messed up. This can happen from time to time and is nothing really to worry about.

Let me know if it happens again

Thanks

Alex

Thanks Alex.
    I forgot to mention it was on my laptop with a broadband connection.
    It hasn't happened since.

Lol, I just had one advertising Thai brides. I mean, I know I post about Relationship OCD, but surely it can't think mail-order is the answer??!

I'm not having a dig, I fully support whatever needs to be done to keep this site running, just think it's hilarious. Thanks again to the admins for all their hard work!

Oh one better than that! Has one seen Fed Up With Fake Dating? Seen it twice today Iam fed up with dating full stop LOL So will close the ad down next time I see it Ha ha Cheers

---------- Post added at 14:56 ---------- Previous post was at 14:53 ----------

Oh for you Brexit lovers out there Europe Is Doomed Ha ha so funny that one just seen it LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Oh one better than that! Has one seen Fed Up With Fake Dating? Seen it twice today Iam fed up with dating full stop LOL So will close the ad down next time I see it Ha ha Cheers

---------- Post added at 14:56 ---------- Previous post was at 14:53 ----------

Oh for you Brexit lovers out there Europe Is Doomed Ha ha so funny that one just seen it LOL

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread Information