So i've reached the end of the line now with NHS and considering going to be a private psychiatrist but i really don't know what else they could possible prescribe me... i have debilitating anxiety, have tried SSRI's, SNRI's, anti psychotics with no avail.

I have tried CBT several times but it really doesn't help, i have no idea how in the hell these CBT therapists expect someone with severe anxiety to put any of the stuff they teach into practice effectively...

the one thing i'm on now which does give me a bit of relief is pregabalin which has actually been amazing relief for GAD but no effect on SA whatsoever.

I know they could possible prescribe me klonopin or some other benzos but i am living in the UK which is kind of a benzophobic nation so if the psychiatrist i see doesn't want to prescribe benzos what else is there? Also they arguably aren't a long term solution anyway,

I don't want to waste £250 on a psychiatric consultation just to get nothing out of it because i don't think there is any other medications :/

anyone else here had experience with seeing a psychiatrist in the UK after exhausting all other options with the NHS?

Any advice?