Ok, so I've still not realised why I'm writing on here, but I just guess some support would be pretty useful at the moment...I'm 18 and my heads pretty mashed up right now. I know I have anxiety which I guess is a gd start, but it's proving to be impossible to shake it off. It basically came on overnight, I'm pretty sure that some dodgy drugs have triggered it...but it's like my whole life has changed overnight. I don't even know what I'm scared of but I have this constant fear and it builds up to panic attacks and I guess you all know what they're like. I can handle the attacks because they're momentary, but I'm having probs coping with the anxiety. At first I thought I was going to drop down dead, then I thought I'd gone crazy, now I think wierd stuff like that the whole world is a figment of my imagination or that maybe I am already dead and this is some strange after life. I either feel trapped inside my mind and in the world or I feel like I'm not in my body and someone else is controlling my actions/thoughts etc. I'm pretty scared that I'm going to lose control of my mind completely. It's like I'm hallucinating (I'm not seeing things but my minds tryin 2 convince me that I am) and wierd things are terrifying me. The dizziness is very intense, my mind blacks out because evrything feels like its spinning. I've gone from having the most fun and carefree life to this s**t.
I have been to the doctors (where I insisted that I was dying) but they wont put me on medication because its addictive/side effects blah de blah. So they've referred me to a counsellor, problem is that I havent got an appointment for another 2 weeks so I'm not sure how to cope in the meantime.
anyway enough of me moaning, would be gd to hear back from some of you x