Thread: Prostate/bladder worries at age 30?

Unhappy Prostate/bladder worries at age 30?

Hello. About a couple months ago, I posted a thread about white debris visible in my urine. Since then I had 2 urinalysis's done and a ultrasound on my bladder, kidneys and urethra and they came back clear.

A couple weeks ago, I've been straining a bit to urinate. It sort of just dribbles to start, steady stream, and then dribbles when I'm about done, even when I have to go pretty bad. I don't find that Im urinating more often. There is no pain or strange/strong smell. Im 31 years old, I know that prostate C and other prostate disease's would be un-common but since having everything else checked, I really don't know what else could be causing this urine retention and straining

I currently take Klonopin, Seroquel, and Escitalopram for my anxiety.

I have another appointment booked for next week, but anyone with similar stories would be very helpful...

Thanks.

Re: Prostate/bladder worries at age 30?

Hey there

Your story is almost exactly like my partners,hes only a few years older than you too, he had been experiencing the exact same problems, had his kidneys checked, scans done, everything! all came back clear.

His consultant finally decided to check his prostate despite him being the age that he is, turned out that all it happened to be was a bit of an infection that was easily cleared up by a course of antibiotics. The infection was causing the prostate to enlarge which then pressed against the bladder, it then caused all kinds of problems when he needed to urinate and also caused pain when he ejaculated!

I am glad to say the infection cleared up and my partner is pain and problem free again

Good luck with your appointment next week x

Thank you. I'll bring that up with my Dr.

Not a huge amount to add, except to say sinister stuff in that area is hugely unlikely at your age, but I would imagine they would still be on the radar of doctors and they wouldn't hang around if they had an suspicions.

It's a delicate area which can go a bit wrong, in ways that are benign but can be annoying and sadly hard to pin down exactly, but you've no reason to jump to anything nasty.

Thank you Axo, thats what I'm hoping haha...

Thread Information